Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Lone's True Form does not reset rubick when cast while spell stealing

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Lone's True Form does not reset rubick when cast while spell stealing

Quote Originally Posted by The Hunky Squirrel View Post
    If you Spell Steal True Form, and activate it while stealing another spell, you get stuck in the Bear Form until you die (I only tested this with Lycan's Shapeshift). Even if you steal the True Form again and try to use it, you can't return out of the True Form (I didn't record myself stealing it again in the video)

Video:

As you can see, normally you would just lose the True Form when stealing another spell. But if you use it just before the stolen spell arrives at you, you are now stuck in True Form until you die.

I vaguely remember something like this happening before, but I didn't find this kind of bug in the Known Bugs thread.

RUBICK USED SPELL STEAL on LONE DRUID after he used TRUE FORM, and for the rest of the game he (RUBICK) was like a bear, spell didn't canceled after he dies, and he can't get back to a true form. GAME NUMBER 44536743
    Last edited by bu3ny; 02-01-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Merged threads

Confirmed at 20:40 (Replay timer) as they try gank Pudge up top lane he steals Pudges Hook but as the spell is being stolen he uses True Form and gets semi stuck in that form.

At 25:35 he dies near bottom rune to Pudge (The death animation is hilarious!) and respawns as Sylla.

While in this form he stays Melee, has the same base attack time, and also the bonus HP from the Lvl1 True Form.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Rubick and transformation spells

When Rubick steal Lone Druid`s ultimate use it and die in bear form, afte resurrection, he stay in that form forever.

-steel True Form
    -use True Form
    -die 8)

Result: Rubick resurrected in True Form (like a bear)
    Expected: Rubick must resurrected in normal form without True Form

replay # 165737260

2013-04-05_00003.jpg2013-04-05_00004.jpg2013-04-05_00001.jpg2013-04-05_00002.jpg
    Last edited by MrDjekil; 04-04-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Basic Member
    sylla respawns in his druid form, right?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Sylla and all heros with transformation spells respawn in their default form, even if they would still be under the effect of the transformation (DK dying with aegis in Dragon form, respawns in normal form)

Basic Member
    Attached screens for more proof

Basic Member
    oh it's important, i'm steal Macropyre before i die

Btw its Steal* --> Steel is an allloy

Try this repro.

Have 3 bots, one Rubick, one LD, one other random and have LD and rubick level 6
    have rubick steal LD's true form ability and transform
    lower rubicks hp to 1 through -wtf and soul ring.
    have rubick steal another spell and while the projectile is flying in the air back to rubick kill rubick
    wait to respawn and see if rubick is in bear form or not.

almost pure theorycrafting there but i can't access dota 2 at the moment, so can anyone else try it?