Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Arcana items?

More Arcana items?

I really enjoy Lina's Arcana, but it's been quite a while since we saw a new hero, so... is there any chance for a new Arcana on someone like Storm Spirit or maybe Juggernaut? Or for anyone else at all, for that matter.

I want bristlebro hats

Shadow fiend!

Basic Member
    Ppl are so desperate to see smth new so they are even asking for new hats...

VALVe, what have u done to those poor ppl?.. U r pure evil

NO!

Arcana Items change a hero way too much, it almost affects gameplay, because you might not instantly recognize a certain spell or the hero itself!!!

1 arcana for each hero please, tyvm.
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixclaw View Post
    Arcana Items change a hero way too much, it almost affects gameplay, because you might not instantly recognize a certain spell or the hero itself!!!
    This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Dolphin View Post
    This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.
    well, you obviously haven't played hon or lol.

because its the case in these games and i dont want dota to become just as immoderate in terms of cosmetics as these games.

you might think, that won't ever happen, but if you look at the development of cosmetics in dota 2, you'll notice that they started unflashy, but got flashier over time, added new animations or sound effects and i have no idea when this development is gonna end.
    Last edited by Phoenixclaw; 08-28-2013 at 06:01 AM.

I don't see it as a problem as long as they follow the example of Lina's arcana.
    Her spells were not radically changed or reworked, they were just made with
    some added visual effects like the scorched earth trail after dragon slave and such.
    To me, that's not distasteful or ugly or even confusing. It's very nice and even though
    I do not have it (I feel the need to point that out) I still think it looks awesome and
    I enjoy seeing it in the game every now and again.
    In all seriousness, I'd like every hero to have an arcana item (and preferably ONLY one).
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixclaw View Post
    well, you obviously haven't played hon or lol.

because its the case in these games and i dont want dota to become just as immoderate in terms of cosmetics as these games.

you might think, that won't ever happen, but if you look at the development of cosmetics in dota 2, you'll notice that they started unflashy, but got flashier over time, added new animations or sound effects and i have no idea when this development is gonna end.
    I've played the original Dota, HoN and LoL, and I'm pretty sure I can tell one hero from the other in less than a second. If you can't distinguish Lina from Fiery Soul modded Lina, you have some troubles with both long- and short-term memory.