Thread: [Confirmed] AncestrSpirit being slowed by Slark's pounce and disruptor's static field

[Confirmed] AncestrSpirit being slowed by Slark's pounce and disruptor's static field

Summary: Elder titans gets caught by slark's pounce or disruptors static field and if he uses Ancestral spirit while pounced or on the edge of static field his spirit will have its movement speed set to 0.

I believe it's the same with this.(I suppose that static field would also have the same effects on Tusk's Snowball)

There are two causes for this:
    - Kinetic Field and Pounce slow the units down to zero ms on their limits http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=73686 - http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=73685
    - Ancestral Spirit does not mimic the movement speed of the Elder Titan as its base movement speed repeatedly and continuously http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=85125

it is as if you are intentionally creating duplicates through examples of known bugs now... :D

Basic Member
    added to sticky as a seperate entry for the already listed bug.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    oh finally we got a bug that shows how bad it is to let kinetic field and pounce set ms to zero

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    it is as if you are intentionally creating duplicates through examples of known bugs now...
    I noticed that all three threads you showed to me were started by you and you might also think that i'm trying to steal your glory or something like that which is not true.
    My only purpose here is to report bugs and try to improve the game, i also try to make sure that i check if there are any similar reports before i do my own.The only thing i found was the bug about Snowball with pounce and static field so i thought that this bug was not reported yet.
    I don't care about posts nor the ammount of bug reports i've made, as i previously said the only thing i care about is trying to improve the game.
    I am not raging or something like that, just clearing up my situation here.
    Best regards,

Pfft... things got too serious

I only said that because I thought you had derived this bug report directly from the kinetic field movement speed thing
    I assumed that you had this wonder "would the same thing happen with Anc Spirit, too?" and then went ahead and tested this in a custom lobby, and found out that this is true for the first time there
    Of course, you could have experienced this while playing, and then went ahead and reported it here, but that was just not what I thought as I saw this report

sorry, I did not mean to offend you

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    Pfft... things got too serious

I only said that because I thought you had derived this bug report directly from the kinetic field movement speed thing
    I assumed that you had this wonder "would the same thing happen with Anc Spirit, too?" and then went ahead and tested this in a custom lobby, and found out that this is true for the first time there
    Of course, you could have experienced this while playing, and then went ahead and reported it here, but that was just not what I thought as I saw this report

sorry, I did not mean to offend you
    None offence taken, in fact i was the one to have misunderstood you but anyway.
    I actually found out about this spirit movement speed bug while playing a game and i also remembered that there was once started a thread here on this forum about a similar thing happening with pounce and tuskar's snowball so instead of just reporting the Kinetic field bug i checked whether this would happen with pounce too.
    I think that the whole "speed set to 0" thing with kinetic field and pounce is bad because bugs like snowball speed and spirit's speed are just gonna keep showing up.They should just change both of skills in a way that instead of setting your speed to 0 they would make the surrounding area non walkable or apply a block kind of option just like in DotA 1.
    And again, i apologise for saying those things before and as Rubick in DotA 1 would say "nobody's the wiser".