Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Irrelevant since 6.79] Spiked Carapace does not block damage instances from wards

[Irrelevant since 6.79] Spiked Carapace does not block damage instances from wards

As the title say, when you activate the ultimate of witch doctor and nyx uses his third spell nothing happens.

im not sure if a bug or intended

Quote Originally Posted by EbToX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    can we generalize the bug of spiked carapace not blocking death ward damage instances to something like "carapace doesnt block damage from wards/summons"?
    Yes.
    Last edited by blash365; 05-07-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: added quote

If you're not sure, go check it out

i already tested it.
    it doesn't stun witch doctor

Basic Member
    The following statement is false, see comment below V
    --
    Based on my Dota1 Tests, Witch doctor does NOT get stunned by spike because
    the origin of the attack is the WARD, and the ward is treated as a unit,
    so it stuns the ward (which cant really be stunned because its magic immune)
    Last edited by Ghostface; 05-06-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    If you tested it on the test map shame on you... It's harder to test than that. The trigger only checks for the last unit spawned for a specific player, meaning that you pick WD then NA and NA himself would get stunned by his spiked carapace.

And also if you simply look at the hero page you would see that it doesn't (or at least shouldn't matter) what damage source from you hits NA - you still get stunned. [i.e. chen stuns himself when his creeps hit NA, spectre should stun herself with haunt - this is bugged in dota 2 though, due to illusions thinking they're heroes]

Basic Member
    Well i did get stunned by my own carapace, so i guess you do get stunned, retract my previous statement. lol

Basic Member
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

No it isn't and while testing this i found out that any attacks thrown from the death ward will not do any damage if death ward's duration ends in the meanwhile which obviously shouldn't happen.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EbToX View Post
    while testing this i found out that any attacks thrown from the death ward will not do any damage if death ward's duration ends in the meanwhile which obviously shouldn't happen.
    that's already on the list.

can we generalize the bug of spiked carapace not blocking death ward damage instances to something like "carapace doesnt block damage from wards/summons"?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    It actually works on all summons/player controlled units except wards and chen creeps. I want to mention chen creeps especially since the creeps instead of chen get stunned and damaged. (In dota 1 Chen gets damaged and stunned)
    Last edited by Kaneomanie; 05-06-2013 at 05:26 PM.