Thread: Streamlining item upgrades and preventing mistakes.

Streamlining item upgrades and preventing mistakes.

I just played a game where I was using a Necronomicon, and upgrading didn't come quite that intuitively.

So I've got my Necronomicon, and now it's time to upgrade. What's the first thing I do? I right-clicked on the necronomicon in the recipe section.

What did I get? A second lv 1 Necronomicon ._.

I know "technically" I'm supposed to have bought just the recipe, but there's really no need to make the user go out of his/her way to do that. I'm assuming Dagons are the same way, but I've never tried it. But with the shop being smart enough to auto-complete items and such, I figured this would be another user-friendly addition.

Edit:
    Now that I think about it, I'm not sure the tooltip mentioned anything about purchasing the recipe to upgrade the item. No skin off my back, but is important for new people.

I agree with this. It should know you already have a necro 1 in your stash or hero already.

Upgrading is now exposed in the store combine tree, see if that fixes it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone View Post
    Upgrading is now exposed in the store combine tree, see if that fixes it for you.
    It still buys a lvl 1 Necromicon if you right click the item in the shop instead of upgrading the one you have in your inventory which is what I think OP was talking about. It does make it more intuitive but would be far better if the game would just upgrade your Dagon / Necromicon if you right click the item.

Basic Member
    Agreed.