Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TI3 ticket sales were handled VERY POORLY and WE ARE PISSED

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGoN View Post
    You guys are soooooo wrong the tickets are not sold out. Tickets sold until the day of the tourny last year. They will never be sold out. BUT PLZ CONTINUE TO CRY I GOT MY POPCORN READY. I LOVE WATCHING FOOLS. WHINE 1 1 IF YOU NEED SOMEONE WHO CARES.
    The venue seats like 2500. They had tickets of around 2000 and the counter slowly went down. Without Valve taking back tickets that were sold, how do you expect there to be more seats? Last year they staggered the sales over multiple days and this year they went with a single release date. I'd love it if more people could get tickets as I know a few friends who would also like to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawls View Post
    The venue seats like 2500. They had tickets of around 2000 and the counter slowly went down. Without Valve taking back tickets that were sold, how do you expect there to be more seats? Last year they staggered the sales over multiple days and this year they went with a single release date. I'd love it if more people could get tickets as I know a few friends who would also like to go.
    Don't bother answering him, he probably got shocked when he found out that there were no more tickets and he just doesn't want to believe it.

Basic Member
    Yeah Valve really fucked up with this one, so fucking unprofessional it's sad. I hope we see a statement from them about this huge shit show that was entirely their fucking fault.

Basic Member
    I was watching reddit complain and complain about problems getting tickets and that they were all sold out already etc. I never bought a ticket, but I went to the store and there it said that there still were over 1000 tickets left and I had no problem going on the store via my browser instead of using the in-game client. I bought the international compendium there. Had no trouble at all. I mean, it was busy and it was noticeable, but was working.

I just think that for next year they should maybe think about a different venue that hosts more people, as the community is growing very fast, and more and more people want to attend the International. This means that they will have more tickets. Valve just wants low risks, and making sure that they actually make a profit. Not wasting a ton of money on something that people will not attend. Last year people complained that they released the tickets in intervals, and said that they should just have released them all at the same time. They listen and do that this year, and people complain and say that they should have released them in intervals instead. People are never satisfied, always find something to complain about.
    Last edited by Skonky; 05-07-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Basic Member
    They are fools (including yourself) cause they are crying on the forum about something thats not true..... Tickets are still selling now I just bought one 5mins ago HURR DURR. ultra uninstall BRO UNINSTALL!!! Perrty sure you suck at this game anyway lol so you wont be missed.

Basic Member
    How the hell was this "unprofessional"? They announced yesterday when tickets would go on sale today. At that time today, tickets went on sale. It's not as if they pulled the same shenanigans as PAX and just started selling tickets without any advanced notice. So you were unlucky and didn't manage to get your tickets, it's a real shame, but it's not Valves fault.

Angry

I spent 1.5 hours starting 10:00 this morning ready, able, and willing to purchase 2 tickets to the International 3 but was not able to do so before it sold out due to Steam system issues with the Dota 2 Store.

The Dota 2 Store and Steam Cart were plagued with numerious issues that prevented me from being able to make this purchase. I am EXTREMELY frustrated. I was REALLY looking forward to going and and very disappointed that I was not able to complete this purchase. I hit refresh countless times, tried the store in game, on a web browser (internet explorer), and iPad browser (Safari).

Apparently, The International 3 is now sold out.

Signed,

Extremely Dissappointed

P.S. - Thanks Steam Support for the response on this issue stating "Tickets to The Dota 2 International Championships have sold out". That was really helpful.
    Last edited by BulletFodder; 05-07-2013 at 04:03 PM.

I think rich people that travel will pay more for the ticket. Money is no object for them. But for the local in Washington, we do not get to go unless we spend a lot of money. A poor person won't do it.

Basic Member
    Same story for me. I live on east coast, kept refreshing the window till 10:55 then I must go out. A hour later when I got back it was already sold out for sure.

Here is the interesting part: I asked some traders outside of US, most of them had similar scenario as me,and they told me that at 10:57, when they finally could get into the check-out page, there were 500 tickets left. After 3 minutes, nothing left.
    I heard that some people bought like dozens of tickets once for resale.

Good job Valve! Winning the money and ruining our the game.

Basic Member
    Why would valve want scalpers to buy the tickets? That makes absolutely no sense.

Obviously they didn't think the tickets would sell out based on what happened last year, so yes this is a big mistake from them, and I agree they should consider refunding tickets from many scalpers if this is indeed the case.

However, to suggest they would rather sell the tickets fast for 50 dollars to scalpers, than have sold them directly to people who want to go is just dumb. Valve devs love Dota 2, and I'm sure they would be very disappointed with scalpers snatching up all the tickets like they did.

I expect they will do something to fix this, but we will have to wait and see.