Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TI3 ticket sales were handled VERY POORLY and WE ARE PISSED

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lurk3r1870 View Post
    Why would valve want scalpers to buy the tickets? That makes absolutely no sense.

Obviously they didn't think the tickets would sell out based on what happened last year, so yes this is a big mistake from them, and I agree they should consider refunding tickets from many scalpers if this is indeed the case.

However, to suggest they would rather sell the tickets fast for 50 dollars to scalpers, than have sold them directly to people who want to go is just dumb. Valve devs love Dota 2, and I'm sure they would be very disappointed with scalpers snatching up all the tickets like they did.

I expect they will do something to fix this, but we will have to wait and see.
    Why? Because if they are sold on the steam market they get a commission.

I live in Europe so no ticket for me but its a bit shamefull that Valve isn't even responding in this forum. Their lack of customer support/communiation is dissapointing.

Basic Member

Are there going to be more tickets for sale?

I seem to remember last year that another batch of tickets went on sale later on. Will this be the case with TI3? I literally live like 30 minutes away from Seattle and couldn't buy one when they first popped up because of work.

Basic Member
    Don't want to throw accusations around, but making it go in 1 go is worse than last year. Feels like Valve wants to boost russian scalpers, at the end of the day it all goes to Steam wallet. (note that russian doesn't mean, russian national excplicitly, it implies a certain Steam trading shark demographic)

Basic Member
    Why are the TI3 tickets being marketable in the first place? To inspire the scaplers and give them even easier time ripping off people who really want to attend to the TI3? Why there is no restriction on how many tickets are you able to buy per account? It wouldn`t make that much of a difference with the multiple accounts per head, granted that, but at least would seem like Valve care for their customers.

That was a big fuck-up. Valve will profit from sales of the tickets either way, no matter how being bought but that lack of care for the regular customer and clearly favouring the black-marketing of the tickets really makes them look bad.

Basic Member
    actually it's 100% legit, it's just unscrupulous

Basic Member
    IF Valve were clever they would have done a "reservation survey" to get a clue about how many ppl would be pleased to come to get the right place for the tournament in the first place. Then do some serious reservation wich only 1 ticket per account. That would have been fair.

This seems like an idea from an unpayed practicant with no experience in such a field. Imagine how many pissed people you just produced. Congratz... Hope next time you hire a professional for the planning!!

Basic Member
    So they cant even hadle a purchase. Now if the game was open for everyone, imagine...
    What a man can get from a extinct civilisation : Atlantis' Trident Lost Treasure

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixy View Post
    How the hell was this "unprofessional"? They announced yesterday when tickets would go on sale today. At that time today, tickets went on sale. It's not as if they pulled the same shenanigans as PAX and just started selling tickets without any advanced notice. So you were unlucky and didn't manage to get your tickets, it's a real shame, but it's not Valves fault.
    Firstly you are not even right about the fact that they went on sale at the announced time. The tickets actually entered the store 30 minutes after 10 AM PST and there would have been thousands of people like me sitting for half an hour hitting F5 every two seconds only to see no ticket in the store and later the message that the store was shut. Throughout the selling process, their website kept giving a 503, clearly their servers were breaking under the traffic and this is entirely their fault because they knew about the demand ahead of time and yet were unprepared. As a result tons of people would have added $100 to their steam wallet, been there on time but not have secured tickets and are now $100 short because steam wallet is non-refundable. It's very unprofessional. You're welcome, I don't usually explain things to idiots.

Basic Member
    I didnt bought one for myself but that's true that it's very sad.

I'm a trader. And right now I'm seeing lot of these tickets traded for around 150K in items (Several Hook/Drodo/Timebreaker EACH).
    And most of these are owned by same guys, selling around 15 tickets each.

Valve was bad on this.