Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: TI3 ticket sales were handled VERY POORLY and WE ARE PISSED

Basic Member
    This is what happened to me:

1) Logged in 2 hours before the tickets were to go on sale.
    2) Repeatedly checked to make sure the tickets did not go on sale yet (also had the Dota2 Facebook page open in-case they announced the tickets posting to the store)
    3) At 10:30AM roughly, the tickets finally hit the store.
    4) Repeatedly (at least 50+ times) I was "adding to cart" the ticket.
    5) Hit the "checkout" button.
    6) Items not in cart. Hrmmm...? Yet, the number of tickets available is plummeting (went from 800 to 400 in a matter of a minutes).
    7) Repeated. FINALLY GOT ONE IN MY BASKET! WTFOMGBBQ!!1
    8) Hit checkout...
    9) Got a white box that said there was a "data error" and it emptied my cart.
    10) Repeated all steps until the tickets sold out.

Oh, and then I checked the marketplace and at LEAST 75% of the ones I personally saw for sale were from people who aren't even in the USA! Yet the bought a ticket and wanted to sale it within minutes of buying it??? MAKES NO SENSE. They obviously didn't intend to go from the start. I live in Tacoma (near Seattle) and have been trying to go since TI2. Instead, I will not be going.

Valve... I did everything in my power to get a ticket. Tried buying in the dota2 client, tried buying at http://www.dota2.com/store and still nothing. I would love for Valve to tell the community how many tickets were sold on the Marketplace. I would find it to be VERY interesting. Very, very disappointed. And to those of you who don't understand our frustrations, get over yourselves. It is clear there was a problem and Valve was not ready.

i think the better way to solve this problem is to make this ticket untradable and only marketable at the same store price...also each person shd only have 1 ticket to be fair...

just an opinion coz trader exploit this thing so much

Basic Member
    Safest way is to lock the ticket to a specifical person (name, surname, eventually photo) at the moment it is purchased.

Basic Member
    i couldn't buy it because the check out button didnt worked for me i kept on clicking on it :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiBianchi View Post
    Safest way is to lock the ticket to a specifical person (name, surname, eventually photo) at the moment it is purchased.
    This

valve take lessons you greedy bastards.

Basic Member
    still no comment from valve, bump

Basic Member
    As great as the steam marketplace is for trading items I think it is a big mistake to have tickets being sold within the steam store itself. The service was clearly not ready to handle this task in the way something conventional like Ticketmaster would have been able to. In addition limiting 1 ticket per steam account is not enough because you can make as many steam accounts as you want with one email address. It would be more prudent to limit 1 ticket per email address or credit card. Next year I hope that the event is moved to a venue capable of handling the expected attendance (Tacoma Dome, Key Arena, & McCaw Hall come to mind) ticket sales are staggered randomly, & not sold through steam or trade-able through steam marketplace, & that some extra tickets are available at the box office for locals who are guaranteed to at least make an effort to attend the event in the event that scalpers drink our milkshakes again. How sad is it when the Dota 2 World Championships are in your own backyard and you can't watch? I will still love the game and watch from home but I have to say this is one of the biggest letdowns in years for me.
    Last edited by navalverde; 05-11-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navalverde View Post
    As great as the steam marketplace is for trading items I think it is a big mistake to have tickets being sold within the steam store itself. The service was clearly not ready to handle this task in the way something conventional like Ticketmaster would have been able to. In addition limiting 1 ticket per steam account is not enough because you can make as many steam accounts as you want with one email address. It would be more prudent to limit 1 ticket per email address or credit card. Next year I hope that the event is moved to a venue capable of handling the expected attendance (Tacoma Dome, Key Arena, & McCaw Hall come to mind) ticket sales are staggered randomly, & not sold through steam or trade-able through steam marketplace, & that some extra tickets are available at the box office for locals who are guaranteed to at least make an effort to attend the event in the event that scalpers drink our milkshakes again. How sad is it when the Dota 2 World Championships are in your own backyard and you can't watch? I will still love the game and watch from home but I have to say this is one of the biggest letdowns in years for me.
    There should be at least 10k seats and 2k available on-site during the week before the event.