Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TI3 ticket sales were handled VERY POORLY and WE ARE PISSED

TI3 ticket sales were handled VERY POORLY and WE ARE PISSED

Did they even go on sale on time? 10:00am Pacific Time was listed on the blog, but I couldn't get them to finally show up until about 40 minutes past that. Next, it would not add the ticket to my shopping cart almost every single time I tried. When I finally got two tickets in my shopping cart and hit checkout I got this incredible message: "Failed to initiate transaction. Cart contents were invalid. Please try your transaction again or contact support if the issue persists."

These are just the technical issues with regards to purchasing tickets many of us experienced. This doesn't even address the people who hoarded tickets with no intention of attending the event whatsoever, but with every intention of reselling the tickets for $200/each or more. Why are the tickets able to be sold on Steam Market? Why are the tickets tradable? Why weren't people restricted to something like buying 2 tickets per transaction?

Why did it feel like you had to get lucky to successfully purchase tickets to The International 3?

i think they should re-collect all the tickets, refund everyones money, and then sell the tickets over several days to offset the server load

I feel like they were tired of seeing "MUTE SYSTEM IS BAD, FIX NOW" threads and figured they needed to do something else to piss us off.

Basic Member
    They should just have held the tourny in some bigger arena, like a basketball place with 50k+ sits or like.

I didn't intend to buy a ticket but i feel twice as mad just from the way Valve handled this.Right about now i feel like DotA 2 dies immediately and everyone just fucking start playing League Of Legends.
    In the end, it's all about money.

Basic Member
    I live in europe and i was planning to travel to Seattle to attend to TI3, suddently cart is bugged, tickets are sold out, and wait...people are trading them for 200 $. Is this serious? Really? I know everywhere its all about money, but valve...wow. Im so ashamed... I cant afford 400$ for a couple of sits there, have luck with your Benaroya Hall half empty, half with people who paid 200$ for the sits.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawliet_91 View Post
    I live in europe and i was planning to travel to Seattle to attend to TI3, suddently cart is bugged, tickets are sold out, and wait...people are trading them for 200 $. Is this serious? Really? I know everywhere its all about money, but valve...wow. Im so ashamed... I cant afford 400$ for a couple of sits there, have luck with your Benaroya Hall half empty, half with people who paid 200$ for the sits.
    This is the kind of thing I'm most upset about. I'm on the east coast in the US but I've been putting plans together with friends for some time to attend Ti3. With all of us sitting in front of the computer constantly refreshing every page that exists we were lucky enough to have one of us get through. He bought the tickets and we're going. However, I would have been devastated if we were not able to attend. This was my one summer trip I had planned.

The fact that people can purchase these and post them on the market really provides incentive for scalpers them. I know people could use paypal, etc. but it is much tougher especially if these people aren't reputable traders. Valve should have thought this through a bit.

Basic Member
    You guys are soooooo wrong the tickets are not sold out. Tickets sold until the day of the tourny last year. They will never be sold out. BUT PLZ CONTINUE TO CRY I GOT MY POPCORN READY. I LOVE WATCHING FOOLS. WHINE 1 1 IF YOU NEED SOMEONE WHO CARES.

Basic Member
    Well I tried and tried and tried. My computer was ON for 2 hours prior to event . I updated everything and restarted everything so it was not a mistake on my part. I guess I will spend my 1000$ in 4 days in Vegas instead of Seattle. So sad to see tickets available but it was just not enough. My debit card is saved in your system but even with that already preset I was unable to get a ticket. It was a good idea to wait before I purchase hotel and flight or else I would had been in Seattle for nothing. There goes my fave game out of the window. Also DO NOT EXPECT ME TO BUY A SINGLE KEY IN YOUR STORE NO MORE. NO MORE TOURNAMENTS! I will watch TI3 then uninstall and move on.

Basic Member
    you have no right call people fools because they planned to spend their hard earned money in a vacation with they game they love. So unless you live in Seattle you cant be there to buy tickets on tourney date so I think you are the fool and if you take your time to flame and think no1 cares then please do not even write this is a development page not reddit you dick