Thread: [Confirmed] Non-leathal self damage vs Living Armour

[Confirmed] Non-leathal self damage vs Living Armour

Living Armour should only dispell if damage instances of 5 or higher are received, including self-damage, Centaurs Double Edge and Slarks Dark Pact eat through living armour instances even at 1 hp anyway, shouldn't. Tested dark pact on test map 6.77, i dunno how one is supposed to test it with double edge in the bloody wc 3 engine since even with -attackoff the enemys keep on running away and centaur heals up to >5 hp each hit, so whatever.

Repro:
    1.) Get Slark or Centaur Warrunner down to 1 hp
    2.) Cast Living armour on either
    3.) Cast Dark Pact/Double Edge

Result: Living Armour instances get lost (very easy to notice with slark)

Expected Result: As long as Slark/Centaur has 5 hp or less no instance should be lost.

Basic Member
    Just to clarify: He means when actual HP loss would be less than 5.

If the post-reduction damage is already below 5 (i.e. lv 1 Dark Pact) then LA charges won't be affected.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    I think OP misunderstood the ability, "instances" here mean number of times you get hurt. You have 5 times to get hit, where you will block 80 damage. Doesn't matter what hits you -- your own spells or someone else's, you will block up to 80 damage, 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    Just to clarify: He means when actual HP loss would be less than 5.

If the post-reduction damage is already below 5 (i.e. lv 1 Dark Pact) then LA charges won't be affected.
    Didn't realize I worded it so bad, ty, yeah lvl 1 dark pact does nothing ofc, it's just when the damage would remove a Living Armour instance if the target still had enough HP left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger| View Post
    I think OP misunderstood the ability, "instances" here mean number of times you get hurt. You have 5 times to get hit, where you will block 80 damage. Doesn't matter what hits you -- your own spells or someone else's, you will block up to 80 damage, 5 times.
    No, I didn't and that's not correct, if you would block less then 5 damage no instance is removed and you still can block 7 hits (not 5 btw).

BTW this is only bugged for leathal SELF DAMAGE abilities like I wrote, Shadow Grave is removing instances in dota 1 and 2 the same way.
    Last edited by Kaneomanie; 05-08-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.

p.s.: you can keep centaur @ 1 hp with heart stopper aura.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    added to sticky.

p.s.: you can keep centaur @ 1 hp with heart stopper aura.
    Heart Stopper is lethal .- . Armlet would be better option.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    ye, armlet works better i guess.
    but with heartstopper you can pretty much freeze the natural hp regen, that was what i was trying to say.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    Heart Stopper is lethal .- . Armlet would be better option.
    Ye that works, far easier to test centaur that way, was slightly too tired to even get that idea.