Page 51 of 991 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast

Thread: South East Asia and China Server Information

bump

Basic Member
    when you will resolve this issue regarding routing to Singapore, Valve?

Basic Member
    Just reporting, today I got weird ping rate,

at my first game, i got ping 500++ to singapore SEA server
    in my second game, i got ping 250 to singapore SEA server
    AFAIK, firstmedia could get ping below 100 in the early beta

my first game is at 11PM, and my 2nd game is at 12PM, in GMT+07 time

my ISP is Firstmedia, 3Mbps bandwidth, and while got 500+ ping, i can open youtube and other website smoothly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    We have reconfigured our servers in the South East Asia and China regions today to improve the play experience there. I'm posting here about our servers in the region to provide players with more information so they can test and provide feedback more effectively as the beta test continues.

We currently have servers in three locations in the South East Asia and China matchmaking regions. South East Asia has two server locations in Singapore and Malaysia. The China matchmaking group has servers located in Shanghai. When a match is made in the South East Asia matchmaking region, the matchmaker will choose either Singapore or Malaysia on which is closer based on the average geographical distance of the players in the match. When making a practice game, you can specifically select which location the game will be played on in the Game Setup options.

Shanghai and Singapore are currently the busiest locations and may be full during primetime play hours for the region. We recently added a lot of capacity to the Malaysia location and players may find it easier to play there at this time.

We will be adding more servers to the both regions in the coming weeks as we expand capacity during the beta.

Why not separate Malaysia and Singapore? I am from Philippines, me and my friends experienced 200ms and above when we hit Malaysia servers while searching a match from SE Asia. We cannot play well, there is a bit delay. But sometimes it goes to 80ms and I believe its a Singaporean server. We need to have selections from SE Asia server please, to have stable gaming.

Basic Member
    Anybody here using Bayantel as ISP provider?
    How's the performance in terms of ping/delay?

Quote Originally Posted by kyruswraex View Post
    Anybody here using Bayantel as ISP provider?
    How's the performance in terms of ping/delay?
    400-600ms in SEA
    200-400ms in HK

Basic Member
    Any update? it has been 2 weeks and my problem with high pings still persists.

/bump
    -bump
    bump

next to hopeless issue...

Basic Member
    Been playing on Singapore servers for 2 months and always got 100-120 ping but since yesterday 10pm ( Indian Standard Time ) the pings shot upto 500+ on Sg and Hk servers whereas europe remains the same 200 as before. And my downloads and youtube surfing etc are all fine. Only this ping issue. Can some1 please enlighten me on this issue? Valve i hope this helps u and u can clear the servers soon. Thank you and oh my 1st time posting on forums so please forgive me for my mistakes.

ISP: Tata Indicom Broadband
    Usual ping on sg server: 100-120
    Now: 500+
    Last edited by Srujan; 05-10-2012 at 04:50 AM.