Thread: Major Loading Screen Issue (Probably BP Related)

Basic Member

Major Loading Screen Issue (Probably BP Related)

There is a major issue with the game loading for a number of people with different rigs and ISPs.

When the game tries to load the match, the screen goes black. The music pack still plays and the curser is active, but the game never loads.

This is getting old. I just got my second or third abandon from this issue. Others in our local group and folks I have played with online have the same issue. This all started when the 2020 International BP launched, so 2+2 does sometimes equal 4.

Most of us have had at least one LP session due to what is clearly a bug of some type. The Dota punishment/report system is awful enough without being forced into it by the company that makes it.

Fix this. It's already been active too long and makes just waiting for the game to load enough to make people quit the game. Unless that's the intent.

Basic Member
    As an update, I just got an hour ban from matchmaking due to this bug. Again. Thanks Valve.

Basic Member
    And yet more. Now a three game stint in LP. Does Valve actually want people to play the game? All off that one match. I am spending more time in LP from the new BP than I have almost in the seven plus years I have played this game in total.

Basic Member
    How is this a gameplay bug?

Basic Member
    I don't know where else to put it. Maybe you could do something constructive or just not worry about it though. If you don't have an answer or you're not someone that can fix it, you should probably not respond at all.