Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: keep the mute system

Yep,I keep getting narbs in my team.
    Keep the mute system and keep the flawed mm too.That won't get anyone muted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    You could try not being a jerk
    You'd also be a "jerk" if you played 6 games,won only 1,and that only because you didn't have any capable team mates.
    Oh,let's not forget about having 30 lost matches in advance of won ones,because of pro teams.
    YOU CAN'T,I REPEAT,YOU CAN'T BE ALL LOVELY AND CHEERFULL WHEN YOU'RE TEAMED UP WITH SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WARD,WHEN YOU GET TEAMED UP WITH PEOPLE THAT RANDOM A CARRY AS LAST PICK,OR INTENTIONATELY PICK IT,AFTER YOU HAVE 3 CARRIES IN THE TEAM(WTF?) AND YOU'D MOST LIKELY BE ANNOYED WHEN THE OTHER TEAM SOMEHOW MAGICALLY GETS SOME GOOD PLAYERS IN!
    SO YES,I'LL KEEP BEING A JERK,TILL THIS IS FIXED.IF BEING A JERK MEANS TELLING OBVIOUSLY INCAPACITATED PEOPLE WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO IN ORDER TO SET THINGS STRAIGHT,THEN I'M PROUD I'M A JERK.
    THANKS.
    Last edited by Ace o' Spades; 05-10-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Basic Member
    You realize the mute system is not based on what you actually do, but simply based on the quantity of reports, right? Surely no team would rage-report an enemy spectre for destroying them, right? Couldn't happen ever. This is dota after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargasm View Post
    You realize the mute system is not based on what you actually do, but simply based on the quantity of reports, right? Surely no team would rage-report an enemy spectre for destroying them, right? Couldn't happen ever. This is dota after all.
    Ye,my first 2 mutes were because I got rampages on enemy teams,and completely stomped them.
    BUT THAT'S BECAUSE THE MATCHMAKING SYSTEM IS FLAWED!

Basic Member
    From what I can see here, you're wildly capslocking, it kinda explains why you hate the system, and why others my dislike your attitude. And maybe you should just.. you know.. be the bigger man then and wait till you see what everyone else picked? The problem with everyone picking a carry is obviously with your self, as well as other players. People having an issue with the mute system is obviously part of the actual problem. With the way people keep thinking they are all that awesome, while it turns out the screw up just as much as everyone else, then they get ingame and just throws blame on everyone but them self, I've seen this over and over and over again.

Instead of crying, try to be a part of the solution instead of being part of the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace o' Spades View Post
    I WON'T BE DISRUPTIVE,SO I WON'T GET MUTED.
    System works.
    Valve 1, Disruptors 0.

You'd be capsin' too if you were muted 3 weeks in a row.
    And,if I'm the problem with the team,I'd like you to prove that.
    Add me and I'll give you my dotabuff profile,just so you can spec for a few hours and see how I play.
    I pick carries coz I'm experienced at carying a game,and I usually successfully carry,unless my whole team feeds,which happens way to often.

To the guy above me,I envy you for being calm and calculate when you're the only competent person on your teab,but I'm sure that never happens and you're just the bane of a poor soul,much like me.
    Last edited by Ace o' Spades; 05-11-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    You could try not being a jerk
    Trying not to be a jerk doesnt help when other players are retarded assholes who wants to report for any single little stupid thing.

Basic Member
    Thank you for calming down captn caps lock ;D

You are right with two mixed up topics.

On the one hand the matchmaking system is flawed and will always be since ups and downs are normal for everyone - especially in everything else than all pick. I'm totally with you, they need to improve the matchmaking rules, still compromising a limited number of available players.

The other topic is being disruptive and getting reported for abusing your mind-keyboard interface.

Stay calm, it's a game. If you are deephard into that competitive thing you'll need to find yourself some teamplayers that are ready to go fullscale. Still many pro players show themselves in pub games, having no problems even livestraming their nonnerdraging faces while biblical losing.

My whole life I learned more from watching people how stuff doesn't work than allpicking lame ranger 20 times a day and getting leadership commended up the ass.

I'm a dota newbie and I spend a lot of time to improve as fast as i can even with the pain of single drafting since lvl5. Still I'll report people for team harassing language and I don't care on which team they are - they are just wrong and they won't change a thing by going on chatrampage.

No offense, short but long: keep the system that shuts up people who have issues in controlling their social abilities.

Help the community and the community will help you, promised.

p.s.: are there any official listings about the rules that reward / punish the commend / report entries ? Are the recommendations/reports, gamemode and picking manners influencing our matchmaking scores ?

Aye,but just because mm is flawed,people will rage,and that will get usually calm people to rage,and get muted,even tho they can help out in other games.