Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: BOYCOTT Mute System

I vow not to spend any money on Dota 2 in till this mute system is removed or heavily revised!
    |Want to play US East or EU East? Add me on STEAM ( 500+ games ): STEAM |
    |My DotaBuff profile|
    |@rinalds|
    |TwitchTV - DamnDolce|
    |My Dota 2 YouTube|

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Waste of time, now 99.9999% of those who are muted are repeat offenders who deserve it simply because there are only 2 reports per account, no more mass report spam to break system anymore. So yeh. System isn't broken stop complaining.
    yeah sure. and world is a wonderful place where we all sing and dance in harmony and love our neighbors.
    are you 99.9999% sure you live on earth?

ps: if you would have made it a poll it would have been better.
    my vote: this system is CRAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shalafi View Post
    "Please people that aren't against the system don't post so it looks like everyone is against it".

Well sorry, I'm going to post to thank Valve for their efforts on controlling all the flaming that this community produces, and I will also confirm that the game has been way more enjoyable for me since the first implementation of the muting system.
    ALL the people I have seen defending the report system are Noob feeders that have less than 50% winrate

Havent seen ONE standing up for the system that is a GOOD player (53-55% winrate)

Why? because the ones that love this system are the noob feeders and game ruiners that always are harassed in games
    You dont like being called a noob? deal with it
    Do you need daddy valve to pat you on the back and tell you "Oh that boy who called you a nob isnt gonna talk anymore, dont worry"...I'd be 100% for the mute system if this was an spongebob or barney game/community, but its a team game where communication is REQUIRED (Please look up the word TEAM in the dictionary) Where players are supposed to be AT LEAST 13 years old, and if you really dont understand that a muted player is a disadvantage for the team that's got him (punishing even more innocent people as collateral damage)...Then NO WONDER you like the mute system.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapizito View Post
    ALL the people I have seen defending the report system are Noob feeders that have less than 50% winrate

Havent seen ONE standing up for the system that is a GOOD player (53-55% winrate)

Why? because the ones that love this system are the noob feeders and game ruiners that always are harassed in games
    You dont like being called a noob? deal with it
    Do you need daddy valve to pat you on the back and tell you "Oh that boy who called you a nob isnt gonna talk anymore, dont worry"...I'd be 100% for the mute system if this was an spongebob or barney game/community, but its a team game where communication is REQUIRED (Please look up the word TEAM in the dictionary) Where players are supposed to be AT LEAST 13 years old, and if you really dont understand that a muted player is a disadvantage for the team that's got him (punishing even more innocent people as collateral damage)...Then NO WONDER you like the mute system.
    The last muted players I played with were infact the noob feeders.

An AM ragebuybacking at any chance (thus ending a 50 min game with just Battlefury and Manta), A magnus going 1-13-3 and a zeus rushign goddamn Agha/refresher when he would have needed a Ghost scepter much more.

Muted player sjust tend to overrate themselve and feel justified in their raging/flaming. At leats for the most part.

Pretty sure Slotz has over 53%. And I had too before my great failing spree started.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocofang View Post
    The last muted players I played with were infact the noob feeders.

An AM ragebuybacking at any chance (thus ending a 50 min game with just Battlefury and Manta), A magnus going 1-13-3 and a zeus rushign goddamn Agha/refresher when he would have needed a Ghost scepter much more.

Muted player sjust tend to overrate themselve and feel justified in their raging/flaming. At leats for the most part.

Pretty sure Slotz has over 53%. And I had too before my great failing spree started.
    I think you are very well justified when you have 0 kills 12 deaths, and your ally has 0 kills 8 deaths, is a support hero, doesnt wards, doesnt buys courier, and steals farm from the carry by wasting his mp to farm....Ooooor when he demanded to solo mid, only to feed and never gank or call missing)

Usually the one flamming is AT LEAST doing better than the not flamming one...It'd be stupid to flame when you are doing worse (I have seen people do that yes, but its not that common) So, we pretty much punish good players for getting angry at game ruiners

DERP

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_0F_Chaos View Post
    Attention my humble players, newbs, and pros!
    I must call upon you guys to unite against this horrible mute feature. We must show our strength against the face of this villainy and protest in till this cancerous system is removed or highly adjusted. I call asking those who are against this mute system to put a freeze on spending any funds on this game.

Seriously though, I spend a lot of money on this game because Ive played this game for 7 yrs now. I feel when I first got my beta key that valve had done such amazing job already with this game and it got better and better. So I had no issues spending cash on this game. But now with this mute feature AND the fact that valve wont give in to the community's requests to just throw it out, I believe that the money train should do a lay over for a bit. I can go on and on about how bad the mute system is but I think that's been discussed enough.

So please, if you feel the same post here that you vow not to spend any more money on dota 2 purchases in till the mute system is removed or heavily revised. Post it here, post it in your sig. Lets hit Valve where it matters, in the wallet.

****If you dont agree then simply don't post here, if you need to argue about whether this system is good or bad there is another 355+ page thread to do this in. Dont derail my thread pls.
    How long do you expect this thread to stay open for?
    Do you expect this thread to get deleted by the first moderator passing by?
    To avoid LPQ:

Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

Trash talking reduced by more than 80% in my games
    Mute system doing it's job.

Basic Member
    SIgh another thread... can the mods keep this under contro.l already? Make 1 sticky thread.

Its funny last month the flavour of the month was "FIX MATCHMAKING" now its "FIX MUTE SYSTEM" Sigh.

Basic Member
    If you want to protest against the mute system, the best way is to decide upon several well-known figures to mass report.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_0F_Chaos View Post
    Please if you dont agree then just dont post. Go fill up the other thread arguing about whether the mute system is deserved.
    I lol'd, people are free to post in whichever thread they feel like . Telling them to not post here is like implementing a mute system to your own thread... Oh wait, isn't that what you're "fighting" against?