Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 528

Thread: BOYCOTT Mute System

  1. #21
    Basic Member Slotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapizito View Post
    ALL the people I have seen defending the report system are Noob feeders that have less than 50% winrate

    Havent seen ONE standing up for the system that is a GOOD player (53-55% winrate)

    Why? because the ones that love this system are the noob feeders and game ruiners that always are harassed in games
    You dont like being called a noob? deal with it
    Do you need daddy valve to pat you on the back and tell you "Oh that boy who called you a nob isnt gonna talk anymore, dont worry"...I'd be 100% for the mute system if this was an spongebob or barney game/community, but its a team game where communication is REQUIRED (Please look up the word TEAM in the dictionary) Where players are supposed to be AT LEAST 13 years old, and if you really dont understand that a muted player is a disadvantage for the team that's got him (punishing even more innocent people as collateral damage)...Then NO WONDER you like the mute system.
    Although I am an average player, I'm at borderline 53% winrate, and I do support the mute system.

    Now Lapizito, can you link me 3 players from this forum that are between 53%-55% and are against the mute system? Because what I see is a bunch of 48-49% winrate ragers that find it easier to complain about their teammates than to realize they also contributed to their team's loss.

  2. #22

  3. #23
    Volunteer Moderator WhaleRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,564
    I find it ironic that you are asking people that don't agree with your thread to go create/post in another thread. You are basically putting a mute up on your own thread.

    The mute is working. I am extremely happy that they've implemented a mute system because now I don't have to deal with ragers, flamers, and people that think they are tough shit like Lapizito.


    Before mute system - People like Lapizito in all of my games
    After mute system - I have yet to have someone like Lapizito in my games. Seriously, not one!


    Also, the fucking mute system is still in beta, do you people not read? I swear I would be so happy if Valve would just fucking close the Misc subforum because people that create threads like this are just honestly lowering the IQ of everyone here. There is nothing of value ever posted in this subforum anymore, leave Critical Bugs, Visual Bugs, Gameplay bugs, Lore, and all the other somewhat decent subforums up, but this one is just flooded with shit like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    COMMUNITY
    - Reduced the number of negative reports per week to 2 as part of our ongoing efforts to improve and tune the reporting and ban systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    part of our ongoing efforts to improve and tune the reporting and ban systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    ongoing efforts to improve and tune the reporting and ban systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    to improve and tune the reporting and ban systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    improve and tune...

  4. #24
    Basic Member Dakarai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    363
    I support the mute system. Games are much more enjoyable now that the assholes are muted.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    268
    I haven't spent any money on DotA 2 since I bought a Sven outfit about 5 months ago.

    When I get muted because I critique a player about how bad they are (telling htem to tp, asking them what they're doing, explaining how they can escape on chat) and get muted, it reinforces my decision further.

  6. #26
    Basic Member Noya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    12,904
    I vow not to spend any money on Dota 2 in till this thread is closed or heavily revised!

    Which should be happening soon...

  7. #27
    Basic Member Equal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    931
    Sup guys, i just bring the pizza! "puts pizza on table"

    And btw i like the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttempest View Post
    Duh... its the IceFrog dude. Kinda like Chuck Norris just in Dota.

  8. #28
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by tryhard View Post
    Let me get this straight. Of all the things you could've said:
    They should've muted you.
    You should've muted them. (I did.)
    You should've reported them. (What you would've said... they WERE being abusive, a hell of a lot more than I was.)

    Instead, you say: Your fault and entirely your responsibility for not letting that offense slide.

    You sheeple have such fascinating cognitive dissonance.

    p.s. No, there isn't solo MM. They were queued together and they definitely abused their power.
    Even if you respond, to harassment, if you are aggressive or rude that is an offense. Unless you are going to say that it should be made legal that if I am attacked for me to kill the person who attacked me.



    Also@Slotz although we both share the same view on the mute system, your previous post is not only idiotic, but also logically faulty. Don't assume because people have 53-55% win rates they are instantly pro's or don't rage. That is a very bad assumption. Actually in fact most of the people I know who rage have >50% win rate.

    Also win rate is not indicative of skill.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 05-09-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

  9. #29
    Basic Member Equal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Also win rate is not indicative of skill.
    Well numbers dont lie and there must be somthing to "indicate skill"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttempest View Post
    Duh... its the IceFrog dude. Kinda like Chuck Norris just in Dota.

  10. #30
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Equal View Post
    Well numbers dont lie and there must be somthing to "indicate skill"
    Yes there is your hidden MMR.

    Look if I played against noobs for 10 matches, and had 100% win rate, does that make me a top tier player... No

    Win rate does not indicate skill as Win rate is independent, it is not formed from any other variables. Win rate is simply a relative term of how many games I have won over losses in comparison to those who i Have played. However it is left as unknown of the skill level of those who I have played.

    If I only played really hard matches, and only won 1/3 of them I could still end up with a high MMR.


    I will simply just prove this with the Chess ELO system, which has the same basis and relationships but with different scalar factors.


    In Chess One year I had played 32 matches. My win rate was about 25%, my rating/grade that year nearly tripled.

    Now I play about 30-40 games a year and I average at about 35% win ratio or so, sometimes veering to 40% and my grade/elo stagnates going up a few or going down a few.

    This is because I play against difficult opponents.


    Now if I was to go join some easy tournaments and win those, I would have a high Win rate, but a low rating/grade, as rating gain depreciates with rating difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •