Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero taunts crashes the server

Hero taunts crashes the server

Furion's new dance item crashes server, when it's equipped and you press "play" you will lose connection to server, and trying to reconnect will give "unable to find game session", tried in play against bots, and it crashed my dota 2 when I clicked "play" after picking Furion.

This is actually the case with all taunts, not just Nature's Prophet. I have merged all threads on the issue, and since this is a pretty severe issue, I will sticky the thread as well. ~Hefaistus
    Last edited by Hefaistus; 05-10-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Basic Member
    Able to reproduce bug. Happened in match making as well as versus bots. As soon as you hit play the connect to the game ends for everyone.

Basic Member
    Same here, it is clearly the taunts.
    I tried joining a solo vs bots local game and with it equipped and I crashed.
    I joined a lobby match without it equipped, spawned in, re-equipped it in the loadout and when I died, the server dropped just as I respawned.
    This happens with both "Shredding the Lute" and "Victory Jig" taunts for natures prophet.

Cannot play Witch Doctor since I unboxed his taunt.

So if I select Witch Doctor now even without his taunt equipped it seems that I get an auto-disconnect from the server and cant rejoin.

Basic Member
    So, the server is crashed and millions of player are unable to connect to the server?

No, only one game.
    But I tried to play without the taunt and it still got crashed..

Basic Member
    Happens for me with;
    -Axe: "Come and get it!", Jugg: "For death and honor" and Furion: "Shredding the lute"

Start up a bot game, pick hero with taunt equipped and get "warning connection problem". Not able to reconnect.

Edit: Crash happens when clicking play, not when picking hero. Can unequip taunt and click play. If you re-equip, game crashes when you respawn after dying.
    Last edited by snigor; 05-09-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Basic Member
    Taunts all crashing games.. FIX PLEASE

Basic Member
    This happens with all taunts, if you're planning on playing any heroes with a taunt I highly suggest not having them equipped until the problem gets fixed.

imba taunt

valve nerf plz