Thread: Ping sound too soft

Basic Member

Ping sound too soft

That might be only my opinion, but I find pings sounds to be too soft/low, so they're not that noticeable(especially when potm is around launching rockets and grenades around, or whatever it is she does ^^). I think the sound should be clearer and louder, so people immediately notice a ping and watch their minimap.

Also add a ping spam prevention thingie if there's not, louder ping would obviously be more annoying when someone rageping stuff. Say like you have a 3pings "charge", so you can ping 3 times quickly(for example to ping mid, top rune and toplane so people see someone is coming from mid to top) and they recharge every 3secs, so once expanded you can only ping every 3secs at max until you let it cooldown a bit. That kind of mechanic, lets people spam pings when needed, but prevent people from spamming all the time. Also as someone said in another thread, link pings to muting/ignore status.

Dunno, it sounds fine to me.

Basic Member
    Some kind of spam prevention or some kind of mute ping function would be good.

I dont agree with the sound being to soft either, seems fine to me.

Basic Member
    Maybe too soft isn't the right term, I'm not big on audio stuff, but I find the intensity of the sound is not strong enough, the note is too low, so it is a bit harder to notice than in LoL or HoN(can't really comment on dota pings though). It's still fine for the most part, but I think it could use a little work to make it more noticeable compared to ingame sounds like if it was a bit higher pitched for example.

ok for me

you can draw a line now