Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you learn from solo matchup (New matchmaking system)?

Banned
    Well, it took about 25 mins to play a game, it was imbalanced as hell. I'm never going to try it again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Well, it took about 25 mins to play a game, it was imbalanced as hell. I'm never going to try it again.
    describes it pretty well. I had 3 matches so far, i wont everyone with ease, there was no challenge at all.

Basic Member
    solo matchmaking turned out to be much worse than standard one. It seems you play vs 5 man teams.

It's terrible. Extremely imbalanced teams. I've never encountered such imbalanced teams in MM before. Also took 6-8min to find a match lol.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/192465664

Main problem is the terrible MM system, which is probably attributable to the small pool of players in solo MM.

Basic Member
    Extremely imbalanced games. I have 750+ wins ~52% win rate and I'm being matched with people with 14, 32 wins.

Here is my first block of solo MM games

http://imgur.com/xI2EO0r

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMatUF View Post
    Extremely imbalanced games. I have 750+ wins ~52% win rate and I'm being matched with people with 14, 32 wins.

Here is my first block of solo MM games

http://imgur.com/xI2EO0r
    You skill doesn't determined by your number of wins nor by win ratio. Surprise!

I solo queued for the first time yesterday and my team was terrible. Invoker wanted to Meepo, but didn't pick Meepo because he waited until the timer in All Pick ran out and the opposite team picked Meepo. So he picked Invoker and called mid.

He fed QOP mid, and then she ganked the crap out of our team. I was the only one on our team that didn't have a K/D ratio less than 1. Everyone except me on my team had 220 wins or less. Everyone on the other team had all over 400+ wins. I have 430ish at the moment.

The teams were completely lopsided and Invoker and Pugna kept feeding. I mean really 17 deaths in less than 30 minutes? If dying more than once every 2 mins isn't feeding... I don't know what is.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edelnar View Post
    You skill doesn't determined by your number of wins nor by win ratio. Surprise!
    Your point? Should people with 40 hours of game time be matched up with people with 2500 hours? Thanks for the trash post though, Surprise!

Valve is going to need to add rankings and stats like TMM has if they want the numbers of players required for balanced games to play this mode.
    Last edited by BAMatUF; 05-11-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapizito View Post
    Hmmmm Your point is amazingly valid (I was actually looking for a solo match and just changed it to normal X))

But You've also gotta acknowledge that the matchmaking system is pretty crappy, sometimes it matches a 5man team vs 5 random pub, of which 3 of them have less than 100 wins (While the enemy/party team has atleast 300 games in each player)

So the idea of the solo matchmaking isnt so that you dont play as a team, but so that you wont get matched against a team, given you are all alone
    That was not why this system was introduced, nor does it solve your issue. You cannot tell how good a player is or will be for your team based on their stats. 5 random pubs should be having the same tools as the 5 man stack(but they don't, because at least one of them is mutebanned) and that implies that they should be able to achieve the same things as a 5 man stack. The fact the 5 randoms are at a disadvantage simply implies that at least one of them is there to solo and will just blame his team if things go wrong.

one sided as hell, normal mm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> solo mm
    LADDER, NOW!