Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Penalty for leavers?

Penalty for leavers?

There are too many leavers in game atm. Usually if one player disconected, some others will disconnect and abandon game soon. They don't even give him a chance to reconnect.
    I suggest we give a little penalty to leavers. Ex. if you abandon the game within the first five minutes you can't join another in the next five minutes.

I would put can't join a game the next hour. Also I don't know if it's like that currently but if there is more than 2 leavers (unsure if abandoned game) before 5 minutes mark, the game is drawn.

yeah, I agree, also, should count toward it as loss stats, but increase block time to join next match about 15 or 30 mins ...
    sorry for my bad English ...

From Vietnam with Love - Lagest DOTA 2 Community in Vietnam: DotA-2.Vn

Basic Member
    People just quitting games left and right.

Also just quitting a game if a friend doesnt get in.

This is how Dota is without a system to manage leavers, flamers, etc. Be patient and a system will be implemented. We are still in closed beta, so we have to deal with the issue until a fix is released. That means stay mannered and polite to each other and ofc dont leave. There are always some rotten apples, try to ignore them.

Basic Member
    I dont think just because there is no system implemented, there shouldent be any consecuenses. why should 9 other players have to suffer because one player likes to be a jerk? There was no system in DotA Beta that handled leavers and such, jet we could have a pretty nice games. The troublemakers easily gets spotted and removed. Why shouldent this be the case here? Making more people enjoy playing would cause better games, and then people would give better feedback. Thats how i see it.

Basic Member
    I agree with Seeder.

Quote Originally Posted by bQttger View Post
    There are always some rotten apples, try to ignore them.
    Feed pigs with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Seeder View Post
    I dont think just because there is no system implemented, there shouldent be any consecuenses. why should 9 other players have to suffer because one player likes to be a jerk? There was no system in DotA Beta that handled leavers and such, jet we could have a pretty nice games. The troublemakers easily gets spotted and removed. Why shouldent this be the case here? Making more people enjoy playing would cause better games, and then people would give better feedback. Thats how i see it.
    You dont make sense. This is beta, this issue is known and developers are working on it, but you are not satisfied? Im not saying its okay to be a jerk, im saying that there is nothing to do about it at the moment. What you CAN do is to not be a jerk yourself and be on your best behavior.
    Steam: bQttger

just gieb me ban hammer. problem solved