Thread: [Suggestion] Allow creation, sharing, and rating of recommended items for heroes

[Suggestion] Allow creation, sharing, and rating of recommended items for heroes

I really like the recommended items tab of the shop in Dota 2. It gives you a good bearing on what items might be good for that hero if you've never used them before. However, there's definitely a lot more that could be done with this!

A lot of people write guides for Dota where they recommend different items for different heroes. Allow players to bring these lists of recommended items in-game!

People could create their own lists of recommended items for each hero, and then share them. Perhaps players could search for them under the community/social tab.

Players could download these lists, and also recommend them to others. Make it possible for your friends to see which lists you've recommended or published.

Make it possible for players to sort these lists based on numbers of recommendations. Maybe these lists could be tied into guides (also available in-game), and if you want to go all out you could allow people to comment on the lists as well as recommend them.

There are several other threads touching on similar ideas, but I haven't seen anything exactly l

[Suggestion] Customize Reccomended Items
    [Suggestion] Get your own Shopinterface
    [Suggestion] personal recommended items
    [Suggestion] Customize item builds out of game
    Last edited by Caddrel; 12-13-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Basic Member
    I really like the idea. Most of the items in the recommended slot aren't used after the first five min of the game. It could bring more flexibility in the shop!

Basic Member
    One can manually change the txt files to change recommended items. Recently, there's a third party program that makes the task easier to do.

No links as I won't advertise, nor would I explain further. If afraid, it's not something that would completely ruin the EULA of Steam like DrunkenF00l's idling program so feel free to use it.

Basic Member
    Totally agree , hopefully some hard working guide creating guy will have his guides include configs for playing different heroes

Basic Member
    There is no need for something like that.
    If u are a newbie,then these recommended items for heroes will suffice.
    Newbies are newcomers to the game,current recommendations are more than good for them.
    And,if you arent a newbie,and you've been playing this game,then there is no point in recommending items since you already know what you are going to buy,and you've learned where are they.

I think it would be nice if you could send one of your builds to a teammate while in-game...

It could help some people.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4evra View Post
    There is no need for something like that.
    If u are a newbie,then these recommended items for heroes will suffice.
    Newbies are newcomers to the game,current recommendations are more than good for them.
    And,if you arent a newbie,and you've been playing this game,then there is no point in recommending items since you already know what you are going to buy,and you've learned where are they.
    It's easier to buy recommended items. Your build will change from game to game, but having a set of recommended items that you usually choose from saves a lot of time.

Basic Member
    I think it's really important that players be able to set their own starting / recommend / core items for each hero. I suggested how I would like it done here.

I'm not particularly interested in a rating system for item builds though. I mean, it sounds ok, and some people would probably really like it, but I wouldn't use it.