Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Attitudes, ideas and behaviours Valve is Encouraging with this Mute System:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    we're very obviously seeing the effects of a loud minority in this forum
    Did you see all the threads with POLLS about the mute system? I didnt even include one in this thread because the mods seem to be targeting those more than others to delete/move em to misc, Please show me just ONE that wasnt deleted/moved (And hence had its poll deleted)

The polls I saw had between 85-92% of votes against the mute system

But ok....lets not talk about Polls that were deleted and no one can see anymore (Tho I'm sure you saw them) How many people is there in the forum defending this mute system? you 1, bleako...kind of (I'm not sure if he's even got an opinion) that makes 2, and the troll with the picture of the captain hat which keeps bitching about posts, yet agrees that the mute system is bad.

3 people

Wanna count how many are posting/against the mute system?.... I'm.....pretty sure its more than 3....so...that a minority? I'd say the minority is the one defending it.

Dont believe me? Create a poll please, explain the mute system as you see it, and explain why you think its working as intended, and make a poll asking what the players think (Maybe they wont delete/move your thread given it would be one of the few ones actually defending the system) And see if the votes show it to be a minority
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    reported.
    some of the nicknames you used are racistic. at least by my standards. and none of them is funny.
    valve needs to introduce a system that fades out/ "mutes" nicks such as yours - since it is nothing but an insult to anyone with an understanding of significants and semantics plus a rather subtle sense of humor.

Added a new quote :P

Quote Originally Posted by tehadambomb View Post
    Yeah, when choosing my mute victims I currently prioritize people who use compendiums at the start of the game. It makes me feel good.
    He learnt that he can take revenge on people who own more stuff than he does :P the bitches, how dare they!
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Banned
    It's not even about them having more stuff than me, it's about getting the most impact. Eventually some dev's 12 year old son will get muted and there will be hell to pay... now the trick is finding that little twerp!

The reports need to be checked and whoever reports people for no reason should get muted (and not have any reports) for the amount of time the person they reported would have gotten muted for. It's a cheap way to solve a problem and it ends up being trolled rather than solving anything. I am yet to see a good constructive defense to it - it seems to just be "they got muted for a reason lollolol" without even reading the original post.

It's not rude speaking in another language if you say "I'm playing with a friend(s) and I will talk to him in spanish/russian/etc but if I need to say something to you I'll say it in english" - it can be considered rude to queue let's say as a 4stack and speak god knows what the whole game and ignore the 5th player completely. When I queue with a 4stack I inform the 5th that we're on TS and they don't need to worry, it's only polite.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Renita View Post
    When I queue with a 4stack I inform the 5th that we're on TS and they don't need to worry, it's only polite.
    whats your server info, ill come troll

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tehadambomb View Post
    It's not even about them having more stuff than me, it's about getting the most impact. Eventually some dev's 12 year old son will get muted and there will be hell to pay... now the trick is finding that little twerp!
    Yeap, target actual customers. Most of white knights here haven't spent a penny on this game.

Basic Member
    i havent seen a person rage for weeks now. it MUST be doing something good.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasheem View Post
    i havent seen a person type on chat for weeks now. it MUST be doing something bad.
    Fixed for you , please i hope i didn't hurt your feelings.
    Last edited by DreamKnight; 05-20-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Basic Member
    Yes , systems like this only promote more hate, that's common sense.
    And only kids would protect it.