Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Attitudes, ideas and behaviours Valve is Encouraging with this Mute System:

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamKnight View Post
    Fixed for you , please i hope i didn't hurt your feelings.
    i've seen it. i type and use voice every game. other people too. imagine, no one rages. which is quite different from the way it was before.

the report system has taught rational people to talk less and play more

Basic Member
    Well, people might play more instead of talking, but I'm sure it doesn't increase the satisfaction from playing. It's like people are chained to their own thoughts and are being forced to think again before saying anything, some might say it's a good thing, but in my case it's that I don't even want to talk, suggest anything or say anything, as I know how it might end, which actually beats the purpose of the so called team game.

For instance, I have a good suggestion for building the hero, where to farm, what to do, but no, I will keep that to myself as I see no point if someone will rage over what I said, since that person is in somewhat bad emotional state or something. The system doesn't encourage great experience of the game, what it encourages is keeping yourself silent, like it was in Soviet Union. No one wants to hear your ideas, the big brother is watching you and you'll be punished by the big brother if you do anything that goes out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    All in all I feel Valve should disregard all the feedback about this mute system,
    Including yours?

take note that there may in fact be an issue with it
    They have already taken note. That is why the number of reports per week has dropped from 10 to 4 to 2.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
    the report system has taught rational people to talk less and play more
    Yes, because communication isn't important in a 5 man game. If you want to play by yourself, play with bots.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    Mrrrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Agreed with the original post. The internet is the prime tool for people to troll on and valve has given these trolls a weapon. Now regular gamers are afraid to even play. Unfortunately some of the posts are placed out of context but realistically, theres another 1000 legits posts to make up for em...

Basic Member
    I got muted for 168h after this match http://dotabuff.com/matches/199884930 because i said to Razor that he stops to feed and try to play safer, i still don't understand why this mute system still exist, what is actually point with this?

btw, i was leshrac in this game..

Banned
    The only people I've seen that like this system are the people abusing it to troll others.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Mrrrow
    thats lewd.