Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Attitudes, ideas and behaviours Valve is Encouraging with this Mute System:

Attitudes, ideas and behaviours Valve is Encouraging with this Mute System:

The idea of this post is to show the attitudes, behaviour and ideas this mute system is encouraging players to have. Here are some quotes of posts I have found in the forum, if you have any quote you'd like me to add please post it and I'll edit the first post to add it (Only real quotes, of people who actually said that:

Quote Originally Posted by Razic92 View Post
    You said you had Pudge with 15:3:17 in second situation, well Pudge is not a carry which I bealive that game was pub stomp and that is not ''gg'' (good game) at least not for enemy team.
    If you feel your team played well just write that in alies chat you don't have to use all chat. Writing gg in those cases can be same as writing easy, so people get offended by that.
    This guy inspired me to make this post, what did he learn from the mute system? "Saying Gg is an insult, report it because they are mocking you"

Quote Originally Posted by Spydymies View Post
    Play on late-week, nobody has any reports left by then.
    This guy learnt that the Mute system is meant to be abused and evaded like the police X) Feel free to do speeding, as long as you arent caught doing it (Slow down near the speed cameras!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekhy View Post
    Now that I'm at 4 hours left in my second mute, after waiting 44 hours. I'm finding myself afraid to even attempt to communicate with the players in the game. I don't want to talk about the game, I don't want to try and make friends, I don't even want to interact in any way. Just want to be able to solo que and farm without being unable to talk or draw.
    Dont communicate in a team game, actually play all by yourself, and pretend all the people are just bots...actually, why dont just play with bots if you cant communicate without fear of being muted?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzern View Post
    Well, you're hurting my feelings, I'm going to report you and you'll get muted.
    The quote speaks by itself

Quote Originally Posted by Spydymies View Post
    I used to report Russians who chose English language and refused to speak English
    Now valve encourages racism. If I'm playing with my friend, I'm not allowed to speak spanish to tell him something "Bajo con runa de invi pa gankear" which means "Going bot with invi rune to gank" why would I say it in english if its for my friend who is alone in the lane? When I want to communicate with my team I do so in english, and my friend in spanish (his english isnt very good....AAAND there's no "Spanish" option in the languages <,< I dont speak russian or chinese!)

Quote Originally Posted by StN View Post
    Don't write anything in the global chat. Reason behind this is that if you write anything, your chances to get chat muted are doubled, since the enemy team might rage at you and report you.
    Another one that learnt not to communicate

Quote Originally Posted by joeytman View Post
    When I have muted teamates, I just leave the game and get low prio because it is hell when you play with muted people on your team. Low prio is now a relief, because I find the better players there who don't get muted and leave for the same reasons I do.
    Low prio is better than having 1+ muted allies (Which again proves that valve is punishing more "Text abuse" over things that directly affect the gameplay: Intentional feeding, quitting, afking, stealing allied item, ability abuse)

Quote Originally Posted by tehadambomb View Post
    Yeah, when choosing my mute victims I currently prioritize people who use compendiums at the start of the game. It makes me feel good.
    He learnt that he can take revenge on people who own more stuff than he does :P the bitches, how dare they!

Quote Originally Posted by fytspike View Post
    True , i report people for unpausing
    Well...this one MIGHT be kind of deserved X) Waiting a lil for someone who had a connection/crashing issue can be pretty bitchy....yet its an abuse, because the system isnt designed for that...one of the smallest abuses there is tho

Quote Originally Posted by Nihoggr View Post
    in my eyes I think that the 24h chat ban was appropriate.
    I mean, look how you stated your original issue: With caps lock. I find this a bit childish, I'm sorry to say.
    Caps is an insult now X) REPORT HIM REPORT HIM HE USED CAPS!...this kind of player are the ones that are abusing the crap out of the system

Quote Originally Posted by kahitanodin View Post
    apparently when they dont like you for pausing they gang and report you since the report system is not maned and completely automated its 100% sure. please do something about my 168 hours ban.
    Well I have been reported for UNpausing (after 5-7 mins of waiting)

So! My point is...what is this Mute system teaching us? (Pushing us to do)
    Is it teaching us/pushing us to be better players and to communicate more and in better ways with the team to improve the gameplay experience? I dont think so

I have seen other comments that are worth quoting, but the forum is so full of them that its difficult to find the good ones, so please feel free to comment your own and I'll add em ~
    Last edited by Shmendrich; 06-05-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

There's a reason all those people got mute bans

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    You're very right, there is a reason. Not necessarily the correct or good reason, but there's a reason. Mainly because Valve supports the griefing and trolling of their community members. Quote from my OP that que was taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh
    First situation: I was solo queing and got on a friendly 4 stack. We played the whole game while laughing and joking, we won easily and every one was having fun. One of the friendly 4 stack players had been reported previously by the enemy team for some reason I'm not sure. This friendly 4 stack thought it would be funny to all report me, even though we were joking and having fun and no actually abuse was happening, just because they could do it. This was the first mute that I received.

Second situation: Solo que again, I load up a game and random in AP. Get Pudge and head over to the off-lane since someone else wanted mid and I figured I'd be fine off-lane. I get an early first blood on the enemy Crystal Maiden and just start snowballing from there. The game ends with me going 15-3-17 and the enemy Warlock cursing and calling everyone trash for ~10 minutes. I guess because I carried my team on an annoying hero the enemy felt the need to report me as that was the only game I played that day and was later muted. I only spoke one word in all chat and it was "gg", I spoke to my team mates throughout the game but that was just coordinating ganks, calling rosh timer, and calling in where I'm headed.

Hmmm? Do you even read? The post isnt about people who got mute bans, actually more than half the quotes are about the reasons people REPORT, not complaints about being muted:

You hurt my feelings im reporting you
    I report people who speak in another language
    I report people who say GG to me

Thats what those people learnt about REPORTING, when and how to do it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

The others had a reason to be muted? I'm not debating that, maybe they did, maybe they didnt, but my point is WHAT they are learning from being muted:

Did they learn to be better players and to communicate more and in better ways with their team to improve the gameplay experience? I dont think so

Besides... I see you in every post defending the mute system (Usually with 1 lines of text or less, never seen you make a detailed point or analysis, out of those 126 posts you have, 80-90 are "They deserved it"). I have curiosity could you tell me what is your DotA buff account? I have yet to see 1 person so passionate about this mute system that has a decent score (Feeders mostly)
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    Hmmm? Do you even read? The post isnt about people who got mute bans, actually more than half the quotes are about the reasons people REPORT, not complaints about being muted:

You hurt my feelings im reporting you
    I report people who speak in another language
    I report people who say GG to me

Thats what those people learnt about REPORTING, when and how to do it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

The others had a reason to be muted? I'm not debating that, maybe they did, maybe they didnt, but my point is WHAT they are learning from being muted:

Did they learn to be better players and to communicate more and in better ways with their team to improve the gameplay experience? I dont think so

Besides... I see you in every post defending the mute system (Usually with 1 lines of text or less, never seen you make a detailed point or analysis, out of those 126 posts you have, 80-90 are "They deserved it"). I have curiosity could you tell me what is your DotA buff account? I have yet to see 1 person so passionate about this mute system that has a decent score (Feeders mostly)
    sure
    http://dotabuff.com/players/33136694

This whole outrage with the mute system was fun to watch for a while, but now it's starting to be a repeat of the same thing. One person says it's the muted player's fault, the muted player says it's not their fault.

All in all I feel Valve should disregard all the feedback about this mute system, take note that there may in fact be an issue with it, start gathering data and then looking very closely at it to see whether if people are truly being unfairly muted or not. Because it doesn't matter how many times someone says it's not their fault - no one can actually provide proof because no one has access to the chat logs.
    Last edited by Bleako; 05-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    This whole outrage with the mute system was fun to watch for a while, but now it's starting to be a repeat of the same thing. One person says it's the muted player's fault, the muted player says it's not their fault.

All in all I feel Valve should disregard all the feedback about this mute system, take note that there may in fact be an issue with it, start gathering data and then looking very closely at it to see whether if people are truly being unfairly muted or not. Because it doesn't matter how many times someone says it's not their fault - no one can actually provide proof because no one has access to the chat logs.
    pretty much this exactly.

Besides, we're very obviously seeing the effects of a loud minority in this forum

Banned
    good post Shmen, good objective look at some of the issues.

Bleako if you don't like these threads don't read/post into them. Or apply for moderator status so you can lock them all. You could look for solutions too, but I don't expect much from most people who blindly support the mute system as it is.

Banned
    I dont know why you'd link this since it pretty much indicates that you're a lousy player. Based on what I've seen anyway. I figure that'd be counter intuitive to the point you're trying to make.

Banned
    pretty much this exactly.

Besides, we're very obviously seeing the effects of a loud minority in this forum
    People said that about the mass effect 3 ending too. I guess the minority can still get things changed.