Thread: Sarcastic Announcer

Sarcastic Announcer

Before people spam the classic "HERP DERP EVERYTHING SUCKS IF YOU WANT RETARDED SHEET GO BAK TO LOL", let me first explain what the sarcastic announcer is all about.

Long time ago, when the Gab- I mean, Gamecube was still kicking ass, they released a game called "Wave Race: Blue Storm". And well, this game was a bit bad. But you know what made this game more famous? A hidden easter egg. If you put the Konami code in the option Screen, it will unlock a special announcer that will take the place of the original one. And this announcer is the Sarcastic announcer. This dude just makes sure you realize how bad you are at everything, makes fun of you, and further more, is hilarious.

Now think of something like this, in Dota 2: You pick a hero, and he says "You have chosen poorly". The match starts, and he says "You are not good at all". You die, and he says "You have betrayed what little trust i put on you". You lose the match, and he says "You don't have inferiority complex, you're just inferior".

Of course, this kinda breaks the 4 wall, but hey, the PFlax Announcer does the same. It should be of a joke, to have some laugh meanwhile you play. Of course, this "joke" should not be in the store, for same. Why not leaving it secret, like the original one? You use the Konami code in the Options screen, and in the next match, any announcer you pick, will be changed by this one. And to make it even more special, the Valve staff should do it. Well, why not? Meanwhile everyone works with those fixes, you can work on this.

Yet again, this is just a suggestion. Pretty much everything Valve does, ends up being nice, but Dota 2 doesn't really have Easter Eggs or Secrets, like their other games. Just giving ideas.

Oh, and if you want to check the original announcer, just seach for it in Youtube. There must be videos about it.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Basic Member
    It's not sarcasm, it's negativism...

Anyway, the more announcers, the better. I personnally wouldn't enjoy such negative attitude, I'm already destroying my ego when playing . I would appreciate its opposite though, an 'overly positive announcer'.

They should make "Troll Warlord" announcer out of this, with special lines if you're in LPQ, muted or flame your teammates and such.

Basic Member
    Yeah ur suggestion has a lot of negative aspects. A sarcastic announcer has a hint of doubt in his voice. Thats what we need. A sarcastic announcer who sounds like he has no interest in things, hint of doubt voice, and can be cruel st times.

Kevin "Purge" Godec could voice the sarcastic hipster announcer.

annoying sarcastic hipster announcer*

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Interrobangin View Post
    Kevin "Purge" Godec could voice the sarcastic hipster announcer.
    good idea, he definitely has the voice for it.

Basic Member
    Isn`t GLaDOS an overly sarcastic and down grading character ,with sometimes ironic positive feedback which is actually more sarcasm? Slow-clap etc, calling the player fat and adopted.I think some voice lines could be changed to fit Dota2.Also promise of cake ,which will result in the winning team to fight for the death for it if they win...

Quote Originally Posted by mynamesranonymous View Post
    Isn`t GLaDOS an overly sarcastic and down grading character ,with sometimes ironic positive feedback which is actually more sarcasm? Slow-clap etc, calling the player fat and adopted.I think some voice lines could be changed to fit Dota2.Also promise of cake ,which will result in the winning team to fight for the death for it if they win...
    Incase, instead of cake, it should be an unusual courier.

And yeah, they could also make a Troll Warlord announcer out of this. And i also loved the hipster idea...But it may not fit.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BadassFreeman View Post
    Incase, instead of cake, it should be an unusual courier.

And yeah, they could also make a Troll Warlord announcer out of this. And i also loved the hipster idea...But it may not fit.
    Try out this its so sarcastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmHubQGJoVM