Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 commends(praise) to unmute

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_9sky View Post
    You will never get praise because you are freaking muted and could not add value to the team. You can't even say ""GG WP COMMEND ME PLS" in game. So you get muted again.
    if you show awesome play as carry or support, it will not necessary to ask someone to commend you.
    Last edited by Mgnews; 05-21-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_9sky View Post
    You will never get praise because you are freaking muted and could not add value to the team. You can't even say ""GG WP COMMEND ME PLS" in game. So you get muted again.
    I never will commend someone who asks for it. I don't care if they are the nicest person, most helpful player, or best player in the world. Kind of like a waiter asking for a tip, if you do that with me as your customer, you get nothing.

On topic:

Exactly as what I quoted above, no-one is gonna commend you as muted.

The only way you are gonna get unmuted is if you game with your friends and they commend you. Having your friends unmute completely dissolves any merit to the system.

Basic Member
    I will keep commending people if they play good. There is one upside of the mute ban, you learn to read the map and your team (a bit) 5 commends for removing mute ban is an good very good idea. I hope the dev will see the up side of it.

Basic Member
    Good idea but wont work...its the same logic as the mute system, you are relying on the mentality of a bunch of random people to save you(or condemn you), or abusing the system with a bunch of friends...

good idea in theory though...

I think this system is good because if comms reports are abusable,commend reports to revert the punishment being a little abusable never hurts.A true flamer has no friends.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Nope..friends could commend from time to time.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Banned
    Why isn't there a commend button for "HELPED ME MAKE AWESOME PLAYS AND CRUSH THE OPPOSITION!"

Tired of commending people for being "Friendly" when really I just want to give them a medal for being a good player

Oh right - because we don't want anyone to know if you are a good playaer or not from your profile, we just want people to see if you've spent a lot of money on the shop

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BangusMcWangus View Post
    Why isn't there a commend button for "HELPED ME MAKE AWESOME PLAYS AND CRUSH THE OPPOSITION!"

Tired of commending people for being "Friendly" when really I just want to give them a medal for being a good player

Oh right - because we don't want anyone to know if you are a good playaer or not from your profile, we just want people to see if you've spent a lot of money on the shop
    Just like the direction of the America, doing things right and being successful is looked down upon. Mediocrity is much more socially acceptable than anything else. How dare you flaunt that you are a good player, you worked hard for it, I am entitled to such honor too, but if you saw my 30% win rate from my profile, how could I have such honor?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydymies View Post
    Pretty solid idea, but it'll only work if the people who commend are not his friends or party members to prevent abuse. I've commended a few muted players for friendliness because they played awesome support.
    There is no assumption like this for the report system.

It is assumed that the world is perfect and people do not abuse the system.
    Over 300 major bugs. The Ancient BD 'feature.' Mute System: win rate directly correlated to amount of muted players on each team.
    Developers have no backbone or heart, consistently browse threads about controversial topics awaiting a developer reply, never answer.
    It couldn't get any worse. Valve should be given the benefit of a doubt?
    I was wrong. Quickcast.

Basic Member
    No. You have 20 dota 2 invite in your backback = instant unmute at least 3 times