Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament item bugs

Basic Member
    -the name and the "type\bracket"(for example Grand Finals\WB(winners bracket)\etc) of the match has been removed from the description
    -the month on the replay moment date is not visible (people see 3 squares instead of a month)
    -the description of the courier cannot be viewed during the game

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AOwpr View Post
    All tournament items currently appear this way in-game; if you check your web inventory you'll see the tag (albeit broken, because it's first blood).

Brandon Reinhart said this will be fixed tomorrow morning here on Reddit:
    At the time I posted that I didn't have that tag in ANY inventory. I recall checking it to make sure it wasn't a client related bug only. You posted only a few minutes after me so it makes it look like I didn't check, but I swear I did. xD It now appears like you pointed out in-game as well as web, but of course being broken by saying "unknown player" instead of s4, and Alliance's image doesn't show. It's a neat way to tag, but still broken. ;-;

Edit: It also doesn't show that FATA had the "brokenhandgaming" thing in his name which made it even more special. >.< I doubt that's a bug and probably working as intended, but I wish it wasn't so...
    Last edited by Kinare; 05-22-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Are all the tournament items supposed to be fixed?

I still got some items with no description at all on steam

Valve Developer
    > I still got some items with no description at all on steam

Please provide examples.

Many of these will be adjusted or fixed. Some will not be because the data wasn't originally stored in a way where it was portable to the new system.

Basic Member
    Will the data on Brackets EX: WInnres bracket, grand championships, losers bracket, group stages be restored? I think that this is the most important thing that needs to be restored and also with first bloods, the "Unknown Player" needs to be restored to the actual player's name

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonReinhart View Post

Many of these will be adjusted or fixed. Some will not be because the data wasn't originally stored in a way where it was portable to the new system.
    In regards to being adjusted or fixed, are you referring to items with no description at all? Or all items that do not match their exact original tag?

Basic Member
    Pls, return original tags for these items :
    1) http://steamcommunity.com/id/sferzah...70_2_441102620 Virtus.pro > Grzegorz Smilevic ====> VP.Kukushka
    2) http://steamcommunity.com/id/sferzah...70_2_486837335 Alliance ====> No Tidehunter
    3) http://steamcommunity.com/id/sferzah...70_2_478842088 I WANNA PLAY I WANNA PLAY ====> EternaLEnVy

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonReinhart View Post

Please provide examples.

I've got one:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zergl/i...70_2_301947742

Should be RoX.KiS BzzIsPerfect [first blood or double kill, not sure] versus TCM in EMS One iirc, though the associated Replay never worked to begin with (unavailable as it dropped on a day with heavy steam server problems) which might be related.

Basic Member
    This is a major problem in my perspective because part of the symbolic value of tourney tags is the name that the player uses at that moment in time. Worse is that some pros appear to use multiple accounts, meaning that some very well known players on some of my tags now appear as nonames. I believe that updating the tags to the current name on any given steam account destroys the historical value of the tag to a great extent and also potentially results in unidentifiable player names.

Here's an example:

Allied Hero Denial
    Orange.NeoES-Net of Orange.Neolution Esports denied his ally Unknown Player on May 11, 2013 (22:34:36). MatchID: 193630834

Prior to the renaming, this tag involved Mushi, not "Unknown Player". Basically, the value of this is now half of what is was prior to the "update."

PLEASE: Revert to the prior system of maintaining the player names as they appeared during the match in question.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GoodGravy; 05-24-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Basic Member
    And don't forget about Ti2 couriers that originally stated WB, LB, or GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP. I have several grand final couriers and it really annoys me. I mean sure it says September 2 but it doesn't say match 1/5-4/5 anymore and is really annoying