Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament item bugs

Tournament item bugs

I've spoken to a number of people, and many are still having a variety of issues with their tournament items following today's overhaul. Brandon Reinhart requested on reddit that we consolidate all bug reports into one thread, so please post below. Include a direct link to the item in your inventory (right click item, select "Copy Link Address") or a link to a post on the Steam Market.

I'll start it off with errors in my own collection:

1. Na'Vi.Puppey first blood on Liquid.Fluff: it appears most/all first blood items are bugged, displaying "Unknown Player" for the victim, and often the incorrect team.

2. iG defeated LGD.int: it appears most/all "defeated" items are bugged, displaying incorrect scores. (Sidenote: this is the last item from the last game of the G-League grand finals--would it be possible to indicate this on the tag like International 2012 grand finals drops do?)

3. Player names when the item was dropped: player names have been reset and now all items display their names as of today. This has created many conflicting or confusing tags, and in some cases has destroyed their value altogether because players who are not playing in a tournament may not have their "official" name on Steam currently. For example, the item I linked should be a Kaipi.EternalEnvy multikill (and previously said EternalEnvy), but now the tag displays "Kaibutsu the next move of Kaipi," which is not a name he uses in tournaments.

Another example of this is players who were standing in; SyndereN for Fnatic for example, displays his new team (Mouz) as well as Fnatic. This isn't a unique case, and many players who changed teams now have two team names if they are now playing for someone else.

4. Empire.blowyourbrain Ultra Kill: The correct player name should be Empire.blow <3 N

5. Mouz.Black: Black's items have always had display issues when displayed in the in-game inventory or profile item showcase, presumably because he uses a caret (^) in his player name. Now these errors are cropping up in the web inventory as well. I have a screenshot of what this tag in particular should be here.
    Last edited by AOwpr; 05-20-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Another one related to #3 above:

Historical No Tidehunter items are now listed as "Alliance," and do not display either the NTH or the Alliance logo (should be this image).

Basic Member
    I have lost the tags on my Murrisey the Smeevil, Drodo the Druffin, and Lockjaw the Boxhound in the in game client and in my steam inventory they appear incorrectly.

Smeevil Tag - of Natus Vincere scored a double kill against Invictus Gaming on Sep 01, 2012 (17:39:41). It should be LightofHeaven instead of

Drodo Tag - Liquid`TC of compLexity Gaming scored first blood against Unknown Player of mTw on Aug 27, 2012 (12:18:43). It should read: Match ID: 36058458 The International 2012 ''coL.TC [coL] scored first blood against mTw 7ckngMad [mTw] in Series 16 Game C of The International at 00:39 on Mon Aug 27 12:18:43 2012.''

Lockjaw Tag - madafaka of Counter Logic Gaming scored a double kill against Moscow Five on Aug 26, 2012 (11:20:31). Madafaka should be CLG.Misery

I wish I could provide screen shots but unfortunately I can't find any..
    Last edited by Rawls; 05-20-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Basic Member
    TI2 tourney items seems to have problem with the new tags: DRODO, SMEEVIL

Basic Member
    I also have some tags on my TI2 couriers that display incorrectly....also all winner/loser bracket even grand finals do not display any more, will this get fixed soon?

Smeevil Tag - of Natus Vincere scored a double kill against Darer on Aug 27, 2012 (14:55:33).. It should be LightofHeaven

Lockjaw Tag - 我挥一挥衣袖就 of DK scored a double kill against mousesports on Aug 27, 2012 (9:39:29).. Should be DK burning

please fix the description of my tournament courier where the First Blood victim name shows as Unknown Player as of now. Previously it would show as CLG.MiSeRY

Link to courier: http://steamcommunity.com/id/divine_...570_2_55156379
    Last edited by raind33r; 05-20-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Basic Member
    Drodo

Allied Hero Denial
    "madafaka of Counter Logic Gaming denied his ally Unknown Player on Aug 26, 2012 (9:18:00)."

This courier should originally be "CLG.Misery of Counter Logic Gaming denied his ally CLG. Akke on Aug 26, 2012 (9:18:00)."

I was also hoping that Valve can reset the courier records to the actual name of the player when the courier dropped instead of having the Player's current name shown. This would be very helpful because not everyone knows who the player is if it isn't the actual name during the game

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ti2man
    Last edited by Ti2Man; 05-20-2013 at 10:57 PM.

I'm experiencing all the reported bugs, wrong end game scores, wrong player names, no Alliance or NTH Banner, multikill on everything instead of proper kills, overall a terrible prospective, wasn't just better to disable the possibility to use description and name tags on turny drops from the very beginning?!? Also, if you are gonna keep this new design I strongly recommend to start with the tag rather than with the item description, any tournament collector or buyer could not care less in the world of the item description, u could even take it off compeltely and add mroe game details instead.

Basic Member
    On my phone atm but experiencing all the bugs reported here, will add a few screens when I can. And I also noted that it no longer states whether it's a WB/LB/grand finals drop.

Lightofheaven drodo : http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vyrie/i...70_2_301082133

Goblak denying silent quiver : http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vyrie/i...70_2_383188541

coL WB lockjaw, doesnt state WB anymore : http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vyrie/i...70_2_485621729
    Last edited by vyrie; 05-21-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AizenJabberwock View Post
    Also, if you are gonna keep this new design I strongly recommend to start with the tag rather than with the item description, any tournament collector or buyer could not care less in the world of the item description, u could even take it off compeltely and add mroe game details instead.
    I concur with this view, I love the new infographic that you guys put together with the tournament and team logos, but having it below the item description seems to give it secondary importance. Tournament items are nearly always purchased for the tournament info with little or no regard to the actual item itself, so it would make sense to have it more prominently displayed (i.e. immediately below the item name).