Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: [Confirmed] Skywarth's Mystic Flare does not count invulnerable Heroes

  1. #1
    Basic Member li.lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    1,002

    [Confirmed] Skywrath's Mystic Flare does not count invulnerable Heroes

    1. Put 2 heroes next to each other
    2. Use Mystic Flare and Cyclone one of them
    3. The vulnerable Hero receives full damage

    Expected Result: It should only receive half of Mystic Flare damage

    Last edited by li.lo; 05-22-2013 at 04:52 AM.

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,187
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    321
    Units under magic immunity count toward number of units hit by Mystic Flare. (Dota 2)

    I dont know how it is in WC dota.

  4. #4
    Basic Member igo95862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by saspoon View Post
    Units under magic immunity count toward number of units hit by Mystic Flare. (Dota 2)

    I dont know how it is in WC dota.
    You can check it your self. Download WC3 and dota test map

    Yes it does count magic immune units in dota 1

  5. #5
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,639
    I'd deem this one as intended, since appearently nothing considers invulnerable units in Dota.

    ^Magic immune units being count towards Mystic Flare is intended.
    Please, just call me buny.

  6. #6
    Basic Member igo95862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    I'd deem this one as intended, since appearently nothing considers invulnerable units in Dota.

    ^Magic immune units being count towards Mystic Flare is intended.
    Well Vacuum used to. Actually then they changed vacuum were other skills affected? Like then they changed blink with refraction it now being disabled by any 0 damage instances. (like rot and magic immunity)

  7. #7
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,639
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    Well Vacuum used to. Actually then they changed vacuum were other skills affected? Like then they changed blink with refraction it now being disabled by any 0 damage instances. (like rot and magic immunity)
    The blink reflection/aphotic shield/borrowed time interaction is just pure game balance reason. It's simply broken for dagger to not get disabled because of them.

    Vacuum got changed on one patch as Naga Dark Seer combo was a top pick combo, yes. It no longer affects invulnerable units.
    Please, just call me buny.

  8. #8
    Basic Member igo95862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    The blink reflection/aphotic shield/borrowed time interaction is just pure game balance reason. It's simply broken for dagger to not get disabled because of them.
    Yes now it has no 20 damage threshold thus leading to such bugs with magic immunity and magic damage.

  9. #9
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,639
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    Yes now it has no 20 damage threshold thus leading to such bugs with magic immunity and magic damage.
    Well that was just poor coding on their side.
    Please, just call me buny.

  10. #10
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    The blink reflection/aphotic shield/borrowed time interaction is just pure game balance reason. It's simply broken for dagger to not get disabled because of them.

    Vacuum got changed on one patch as Naga Dark Seer combo was a top pick combo, yes. It no longer affects invulnerable units.
    what combo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •