Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 151

Thread: Dear valve, stop trying to monetising the game and focus on game developments & fixes

  1. #21
    Stop being so dumb. There are people at Valve that are specialised in producing cosmetic items, there are other people specialised in game development.

    What you're basically saying is ''HERP DERP LETS PUT ALL THE PEOPLE SPECIALISED IN COSMETICS AND PUT THEM IN GAME DEVELOPMENT EVEN THOUGH THEY ARENT VERY GOOD AT IT''.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16

    But I want an oompa loompa now!



    Sums up this thread and all the others as well. Stop being a bunch of ungrateful brats and demanding everything be done now. Getting a tournament up and running and having features for the community is more important than your stupid bugs. The game works, it's playable, go cry me a river please. Millions of dollars > a few hundred people whining. Good day.

  3. #23
    lol shitposters like the guy above me are a riot.
    "u suck cock yellow u dont deserve to be alive" -ixmike88
    Nice Matchmaking


    "Help, Muted Problem" - By Crestoxy21

  4. #24
    Basic Member Beardbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzD View Post
    Sums up this thread and all the others as well. Stop being a bunch of ungrateful brats and demanding everything be done now. Getting a tournament up and running and having features for the community is more important than your stupid bugs. The game works, it's playable, go cry me a river please. Millions of dollars > a few hundred people whining. Good day.
    Hey there, jackass! Most of these bugs that people are upset about are many months old, some are even from before TI2! But I guess Valve needs to spend the entire year preparing for the tournament, huh?

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    There's this thing called priorities, especially in a business. Bugs have categories based upon many variables, I have not experienced any severe game breaking bug that hasn't been patched. There's this thing a life, believe it or not Valve employees have them. Especially with all the money people are throwing at them. If it was something that was completely shutting down the game then it would be patched immediately.

    Yes they need to spend ALL the time the can on getting the ESports perfect. How large Dota 2 is in the scene greatly determines how much money Valve is going to be able to make off of it. So if they need to spend every second of every day until TI3 is over to perfect the tools and features for Esports and the Esports community, then they have every right to do so. If Valve can not monotize Dota 2 then Dota 2 will not exist, get over yourself(selves) please. Valve is making Dota 2 for FREE, you decided on your own to spend money on something that is FREE. Just because things aren't done in the time and way that you want does not give you the right to cry like a little baby. It's a FREE game, report the bugs and play it the way it is. If you do not like that, then go play league/hon/smite/etc.

  6. #26
    Basic Member Beardbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzD View Post
    There's this thing called priorities, especially in a business. Bugs have categories based upon many variables, I have not experienced any severe game breaking bug that hasn't been patched. There's this thing a life, believe it or not Valve employees have them. Especially with all the money people are throwing at them. If it was something that was completely shutting down the game then it would be patched immediately.

    Yes they need to spend ALL the time the can on getting the ESports perfect. How large Dota 2 is in the scene greatly determines how much money Valve is going to be able to make off of it. So if they need to spend every second of every day until TI3 is over to perfect the tools and features for Esports and the Esports community, then they have every right to do so. If Valve can not monotize Dota 2 then Dota 2 will not exist, get over yourself(selves) please. Valve is making Dota 2 for FREE, you decided on your own to spend money on something that is FREE. Just because things aren't done in the time and way that you want does not give you the right to cry like a little baby. It's a FREE game, report the bugs and play it the way it is. If you do not like that, then go play league/hon/smite/etc.
    Hey there, friend!
    Priorities are partly based on player demands, and this thread is an effort to increase the attention given to some very annoying bugs that have been present for a long time, to inform Valve that the playerbase wishes for them to look into it. I have a life as well, but when I go to work, I focus on my job and do everything that I need when I need to do it. I evaluate demands as well, and prioritise them, with older demands or demands that I am reminded of frequently being near the top.
    I somehow doubt the department primarily in charge of fixing these issues is the same department that is 100% needed to market the game. When annoying and noticeable bugs have been present for over a year, there's very little reason for them to be consistently overlooked. I am a consumer, and I am allowed to, along with other consumers, register my complaints. If these complaints are extensively ignored, I am allowed to be more vocal about them. Especially when I have put money towards this game because I see great potential in it.

  7. #27
    Basic Member TheWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. moustache View Post
    Maaan, is there a single day without stupid threads like this one?
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardbeard View Post
    Hey there, friend!
    Priorities are partly based on player demands, and this thread is an effort to increase the attention given to some very annoying bugs that have been present for a long time, to inform Valve that the playerbase wishes for them to look into it. I have a life as well, but when I go to work, I focus on my job and do everything that I need when I need to do it. I evaluate demands as well, and prioritise them, with older demands or demands that I am reminded of frequently being near the top.
    I somehow doubt the department primarily in charge of fixing these issues is the same department that is 100% needed to market the game. When annoying and noticeable bugs have been present for over a year, there's very little reason for them to be consistently overlooked. I am a consumer, and I am allowed to, along with other consumers, register my complaints. If these complaints are extensively ignored, I am allowed to be more vocal about them. Especially when I have put money towards this game because I see great potential in it.
    There's being vocal,
    Then there's whining.
    In another post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardbeard View Post
    Having your mute get extended before it even ends is a feature they said.
    It's working as intended, your 3 pings a minute are too abusable and annoying they said.
    The system is never abused, the people who are muted deserve it they said.
    Give it a rest?
    Last edited by Snarfindorf; 05-23-2013 at 09:22 AM.

  9. #29
    Basic Member Beardbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarfindorf View Post
    There's being vocal,
    Then there's whining.
    Yes, and then there's this person dismissing all complaints as "filthy whiners bringing down glorious Valve who can do no wrong."

  10. #30
    Basic Member TheWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardbeard View Post
    Yes, and then there's this person dismissing all complaints as "filthy whiners bringing down glorious Valve who can do no wrong."
    And then there are mad kids that got muted, who feel the need to spam forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •