View Poll Results: Is the report system good for the game and community?

Voters
756. You may not vote on this poll
  • The report/mute system is a good idea and its working properly, leave it be.

    155 20.50%
  • It could use some adjustments, but the idea of global mute as punishment is fine.

    180 23.81%
  • The idea &/or the execution of the system are essentially flawed, the system needs to be removed.

    421 55.69%
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 670

Thread: Is the mute system working to improve the community and gameplay experience?

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    Here you go. This is a beautiful example why I don't care to post something constructive. Next time you tell me I am a troll, think of this. I was having a completely normal discussion in all seriousness and I still got called names for it. No matter what I do, as long as I disagree with anti-mute posts I will get these reactions.

    You bitch on me because I am rude and then you post this shit.
    Once, you get the wrong idea again.
    I did not bitch on you because of you rudeness, I am just sick of you trolling over comments made by other user, or replying in their threads or comments with sarcasm and thus, promoting hatred.

    Well, try and think back what you did, hope you can change your attitude. That's all I can say to you, and I won't bother to look forth on further replies on this thread.
    Last edited by [TTPN] Shadow Moon; 05-27-2013 at 01:40 AM.

  2. #102
    Basic Member Diabolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    792
    Even if it is working perfectly fine; I'm not seeing anyone cheering the joy of his 5 hp escape or any positive comments about 5 man skill combos anymore.

    People are not even asking for wards from the supports or some basic things like that because either they're muted or they don't want to get muted for no reason because of a support player havent bought any wards in the last 15 minutes and the little possibility of he might have reports left.

    When there is flamers, it is possible to ignore them with 1 click and move on. When someone cannot communicate at all, there is nothing we can do.

    I'd be okay with chat wheel if they add such options like "Please ward enemy jungle, so I can gank their jungler.", "Please ward one of our rune spots so I can check where the rune is and make my bottle useful when I go mid.", "Please put a safe ward into our jungle.", "Please do not scare enemy before I come to gank." and a "Please gank my lane I cannot handle their push/harassment."

    I do not care about being muted any little bit at all, having not enough communication is killing me.

    I got muted because of that match #204103232 where the Necrolyte in my team was pubstomping them hard and the only thing I wrote was a mere "nope" to enemy Meepo while silencing him to block his escape with Poof.

    So if you think people are not abusing the mute system. Think twice... or thrice before speaking about it again.
    Winter solstice.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebok View Post
    Muted scum shouldn't have an option to disagree with me. That's why they're muted.

  3. #103
    Basic Member TheWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by thefbiman View Post
    First a request, please don't post in my quoted post, it's difficult to select the text to respond to



    First, if someone is stupid / sad or pointless, gives no right to allow them to punish innocent people. There are a lot of 2nd / 3rd / nth accounts made and there are a lot of trolls in the game that only go "axaxaxaxa" and start messing around. Why allow them to do their shitty stuff just because they can? It's a valid argument that stands much more than "people are rightful and won't waste 2 reports on innocent persons".

    You deserve the mute? Well, i'll be frank and say no. Just because calling someone names doesn't qualifies you as bad person that deserve to be punished for 1 week and therefore ruin other games. No, i'd allow the other to add you to a personal ban list and be avoided in further 100 games to be matched with him. That way, you won't insult him anymore. But, as you sound like, you more likely won't insult him anymore as you seam to be sorry about. So, again, i feel no need for punitive actions.

    Not having com it's worse than not listening to flamers. And since i can (did in the previous matches) mute someone for speaking some unknown language, i feel no need to kill / cripple him for that.


    No friends? I;m sure sheela will gladly add you :P (yes, i was a bit ironic, i admit it...)
    Quote Originally Posted by [TTPN] Shadow Moon View Post
    Once, you get the wrong idea again.
    I did not bitch on you because of you rudeness, I am just sick of you trolling over comments made by other user, or replying in their threads or comments with sarcasm and thus, promoting hatred.

    Well, try and think back what you did, hope you can change your attitude. That's all I can say to you, and I won't bother to look forth on further replies on this thread.
    Now that the kids are in their room again, we can return to our discussion.


    So,

    First, if someone is stupid / sad or pointless, gives no right to allow them to punish innocent people. There are a lot of 2nd / 3rd / nth accounts made and there are a lot of trolls in the game that only go "axaxaxaxa" and start messing around. Why allow them to do their shitty stuff just because they can? It's a valid argument that stands much more than "people are rightful and won't waste 2 reports on innocent persons".
    This is also a matter of how easy it is to make a new steam account, Valve should definitely do something about that.


    You deserve the mute? Well, i'll be frank and say no. Just because calling someone names doesn't qualifies you as bad person that deserve to be punished for 1 week and therefore ruin other games. No, i'd allow the other to add you to a personal ban list and be avoided in further 100 games to be matched with him. That way, you won't insult him anymore. But, as you sound like, you more likely won't insult him anymore as you seam to be sorry about. So, again, i feel no need for punitive actions.
    And this is where our opinions differ. I was "toxic" to team by that reaction, so I deserve that treatment.

    Not having com it's worse than not listening to flamers. And since i can (did in the previous matches) mute someone for speaking some unknown language, i feel no need to kill / cripple him for that.
    Most of the games it is okay to just use the wheel thingy, but they could (and I think they will) work on that and after that point, there will be no reason to type at all.

    No friends? I;m sure sheela will gladly add you :P (yes, i was a bit ironic, i admit it...)
    lolk


    I can't see this conversation going anywhere. I like the mute system (even though I admit it is not working perfectly and I would like to see Valve improve it) and you don't. There is just nothing we can do about it and trying to change each others opinion would be rather dumb.
    Last edited by TheWilder; 05-27-2013 at 01:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

  4. #104
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth, unfortunately
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    I can't see this conversation going anywhere. I like the mute system (even though I admit it is not working perfectly and I would like to see Valve improve it) and you don't. There is just nothing we can do about it and trying to change each others opinion would be rather dumb.
    Definitely we won't change them. Still, we did helped with 2 things:

    1. Shown the others that real, intelligent, argumented conversations about this can be made.

    2. Gave others some ideas about pros and cons of this system, if they were in need.

    Have a great day

  5. #105
    Basic Member TheWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by thefbiman View Post
    Definitely we won't change them. Still, we did helped with 2 things:

    1. Shown the others that real, intelligent, argumented conversations about this can be made.

    2. Gave others some ideas about pros and cons of this system, if they were in need.

    Have a great day
    You too

    btw: This thread http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=89502 and it's comments(especialy 10th) are one of the many examples why I do not take people that dislike the mute system seriously.(Well, most of them, you and couple of others being exception, because you guys can actualy put up a valid argument)
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

  6. #106
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    108
    My experience has been much improved since it seems like there is much less flame going on and idiots spouting about nothing. But I don't flame people in game and hence don't get muted, so I don't really see the downside of it. The people that get muted are the ones that don't like it, so the real question is are there more polite players or ragers?

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by SeivousBeast View Post
    My experience has been much improved since it seems like there is much less flame going on and idiots spouting about nothing. But I don't flame people in game and hence don't get muted, so I don't really see the downside of it. The people that get muted are the ones that don't like it, so the real question is are there more polite players or ragers?
    You need to remember that not all people report because someone is actually talking bad. You can criticize someone's build and the guy got offended and report you.
    Furthermore muting system is flawed.
    In a game you are likely to encounter some flamers that haven't been muted. Thus make gaming experience bad.
    Or encounter some flamers that have been muted. Thus reducing the quality of the match.
    You see my point here ?

    *Flamers = People who flame.

    I am not gonna say this mute global mute system should be removed, but it should be improved.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    208
    In response to "not everyone is on this forum so polls don't mean anything," I have to say this...

    Yes, not everyone is on the forums, but the people on the forums tend to CARE about the game more than average. The polls are absolutely not meaningless.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    I like the mute system (even though I admit it is not working perfectly and I would like to see Valve improve it) and you don't. There is just nothing we can do about it and trying to change each others opinion would be rather dumb.
    I've seen just about every pro-mute person come around to this point. It can be improved. It should be improved. Little improvements will probably result in a drastic reduction in the number of random daily complaint posts about the system.

    I appreciate what you said more than you may know, and I even have to agree with you that many people do in fact deserve their chat bans.

  10. #110
    Basic Member Shmendrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
    How could this poll not be massively biased, the vast majority of people who like/don't mind/care about the mute system aren't on the forum because they're not mad about it
    Please keep saying the people who dislike the mute system are a minority

    69.84 People think the system is so bad it NEEDS to be removed

    15.87 Think the system could work properly, but it needs fixing

    14.29 Think its okay

    Which also means that 85% of the forum community think the system is flawed, in one way or another

    But okay...let say for a moment that the 69.84% of the community are ragers that got muted and are just ranting about it...

    What is your thought about the 15.87% that think it needs fixing? are they angry trolls?
    Even the ones that think the system could work if fixed are more than the ones thinking its all good


    And I'm not even going in to your flawed logic of "Everyone who didnt vote is on my side" ...if you can even call that logic
    Last edited by Shmendrich; 05-27-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •