View Poll Results: Is the report system good for the game and community?

Voters
756. You may not vote on this poll
  • The report/mute system is a good idea and its working properly, leave it be.

155 20.50%
  • It could use some adjustments, but the idea of global mute as punishment is fine.

180 23.81%
  • The idea &/or the execution of the system are essentially flawed, the system needs to be removed.

421 55.69%
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67

Thread: Is the mute system working to improve the community and gameplay experience?

Basic Member
    The main problem is, that no one even checks for WHAT you were being reported. You can be reported for some people not liking your name, not buying wards, going to the wrong lane, wrong items, etc. Anything is, according to valves system, a valid reason for a report.

4 russians in your eu-west/english game spamming cyrillic? You better keep your mouth shut or they will report you.

Whoever thought out this system must be a total imbecile or have more faith in humanity than it deserves. As I pointed out in the other thread, you are asking the very same community, who was so offensive a global mute system was needed, to regulate itself.

Apart from that, a mute in a team game is an idiotic punishment per se. You are not only punishing the "offender" you are also punishing his future teammates. A better punishment would be that you would receive no items while your account is flagged as "disruptive".

The first thing that needs to be fixed though is, that valve needs to check wether a report really warrants a mute or someone just got reported because his teammates were pissed at him/her for whatever reason.

Basic Member
    Good post

+1

This thread defines why the mute system is needed.

Please thank Valve for creating a system that let people like me punish the inept people who need a father figure to punish them.
    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.

Do you disagree? Please let me know why HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by D.E.A. View Post

Please thank Valve for creating a system that let people like me punish the inept people who need a father figure to punish them.
    I'm glad it lets assholes like me report whoever I want and get away with it too.

Even though I've never been muted myself, I like the system because I can abuse it to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyu20012 View Post
    The main problem is, that no one even checks for WHAT you were being reported. You can be reported for some people not liking your name
    Yup X) the other day I was reported by a party for my nickname (KAKAROTO-)

"Oh he is a 8 years old noob who likes cartoons"

I was the abused one in that game and also the punished one X) nice system valve
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Basic Member
    I think some people dont understand why this system needs to go.

The problem with this system is that its abused more often then its used for actually good cause.... And for people saying "well they need to review the reports to fix this unfair punishment" are clueless because there is no way that you can have enough people reviewing every demo submitted to see if you were punished for nothing. If that would happen that would mean a lot less content for us due to them paying countless amounts of employees searching demo's after demos. This is the main reason this system needs to be removed because there is no real way to fix it.

They could do some sort of challenge system were it tells you that someone reported you in this current game and you can ask for someone from both teams to challenge that report if you feel it is unfair and so it would not count after like 3 challenges or so. Allowing the other team to challenge a report would prevent a team stack just reporting you for no reason. But i guess asking to remove something broken or replace it with something that's not is too much to ask.

Basic Member

Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.
    No further commenting needed.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasheem View Post
    these flamers never shut up.

on topic: yes.
    on topic gtfo cause if I see you ingame you can say bye to chat for at least 1 day

Basic Member
    Haven't played for over a week. Return play 6 games with a friend. Use nothing but skype. Literally write "why are you going mid with lina vs slark? Let my friend Invoker take it". Meanwhile during the next game "You have been muted for 168 hours"

SEE YA IN A WEEK! *leaves the game*

Then how do you explain my permanent mute? I don't even say a thing and I get muted again... after 168 hours.
    I don't feed or AFK...

How is the system needed if it punishes all the players? not only the ones that deserve it.