Thread: [Intended] Eye of the Storm Does Not Consider Invulnerable Units

Basic Member

[Intended] Eye of the Storm Does Not Consider Invulnerable Units

Repro:

1. Spawn a Razor/Naga on the same team and two of any enemy hero on the other team.
    2. Cause one enemy hero to have lower health than the other.
    3. Place the weaker enemy hero in range of Song of the Siren, and the other one out of range, but both near each other and near Razor.
    4. Sleep the weaker enemy.

In DotA 1: Eye of the Storm would detect the invulnerable enemy, and would be unable to damage it, thereby doing nothing but reducing armor.
    In Dota 2: Eye of the Storm will shrug and start zapping the higher health enemy anyways.
    Last edited by imxtrabored; 05-24-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.

is it "doing nothing" in wc3 dota or does it lower the armor?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    After seeing this post, I thought it wouldn't; however, I tested it anyways on a whim and it seems li.lo meant the lightning doesn't strike invulnerable units. I misinterpreted it as none of the effects work. The armor debuff is still placed.

The lightning graphic, the physical damage, and the armor debuff are all applied seperately in DotA 1.

Basic Member
    so to do a bit cross-thread-discussion here. why do song of the siren affected units not get their armor reduced? do they have a marker?
    Quote Originally Posted by imxtrabored View Post
    Eye of the Storm should always attempt to apply its effects on the lowest health unit in range with the following criterion:
    Is visible to Razor
    Is enemy of Razor
    Does not posses Marker
    Is not dead
    Is not a structure (Agh's: can be a structure, but is not Moon Well or Ziggurat (note that other filler buildings are not excluded))
    Is not Roshan
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    They do get their armor reduced; I misinterpereted what li.lo meant. The lightning graphic does not play and the damage is not done, but the armor is reduced in both Cyclone and Song of the Siren.

Basic Member
    If this gonna fixed, at least let the lightning strikes the target (animation )