Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Cheaper Items in the Dota 2 Store

Basic Member
    +1

Totally agree with you, I realy want to buy some new sets, but they are too much overpriced compared to the old ones. When I realize, why would I pay that much of money to a simple Cosmetic Itens, it's pretty cool, yes it is, but you can buy some new good games, new good hardwares if you count how much you spended in these things. If they get more lower, of course I would be problably spending 20$ a month buyin like 2 or 3 new sets.

Believe Valve, just like this Compendium, you would be getting even more money if the new sets was lower price. I know a lot of people who wants to buy them, but are stoped by the price.

Sorry for my english.
    \o

Adding to this as well, today's new items are even more proof that prices are getting ludicrous. I don't "care" if quality of items in the workshop has gone up, some of these prices are starting to get silly. Either lower older ones when you introduce new ones, or set fixed prices per rarity of the item or a set's contents (not whatever arbitrary rarity you assign the set, like an all uncommon set + 1 mythical making the whole set mythical and worth 14€). Rethink the whole rarity-pricing system, make more simple models common and worth say, 50 cents, increasing by 1€ per level of rarity, or something like that, otherwise prices will only increase in the future. Last few months it's been all rare or higher, with very high prices and it's starting to get annoying.

Just replan the whole item and store system. Rethink what items deserve which rarity and what prices would be fair for each rarity. Hold periodical item and set sales on the store (Like, each week 1 set + 5 random individual items). And perhaps, even lower a bit the bar on the workshop. Lately we mostly see things from the top 5-6 workshop contributors because their models are the best (or tend to atleast), they get ingame, have rare+ qualities and are expensive in the store. Give a chance to other contributors as well, there's a ton of good items out there that may not be as godlike as the ones that get in, but are still nice enough to make the cut. Give those items and sets the common-uncommon rarity and fairer prices, like 3-6€, early sets did that a lot, sets since polycount don't.

One last suggestion would be to keep items across a set on the same rarity, unless a piece has a special effect, like TA's veil. Let each hero atleast have 1 full common set, 1 full uncommon, 1 full rare and 1 full mythical. Not 4 mythical sets, all with common bracers and perhaps a couple rare/uncommon pieces. I know the community may rage, like with all the fiddling with the Dragonclaw Hook, but I'd still encourage a one time switcheroo of rarity/prices/avaliability across the board and shrug it up until people adapt, this is a beta after all.

As a final TL;DR of what I'd consider the most important: Keep rarity-price relation consistant. spread rarity around more, for entire sets, I'm sick of getting a thousand common bracers and not a single weapon because they are all rare. And lastly, add more items at once. Try to add to every rarity, give chances to minor workshop contributors with not-so-crisp models by giving them cheap prices and common rarities, instead of just accepting the elite amazing sets that become mythical and $10+.
    Last edited by ChocolateWaffle; 05-30-2013 at 03:18 PM.

+1 we really need item sets and courier to be cheaper.

Basic Member
    +1
    price today is ridiculous

Basic Member
    BTW : is it will come store discount just like on last summwer when shittil summer box existed, so many discount including courier, fireborn odachi just $2.99 that time

Basic Member
    the price are high = the people buying items with keys.

valve need sale price. offer -50% or -75% like games.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IceSoul View Post
    the price are high = the people buying items with keys.

valve need sale price. offer -50% or -75% like games.
    +1 to sale price.

Basic Member
    Come on Valve...I really want to buy some sets, but I don't have such a disposable income..

Basic Member
    Right now, steam is running a sale and some new games can be sold for as low as $4-$10. Makes dota2 item set prices look more ridiculous.
    Dota2 needs to lower the prices or put up occasional sales.

Quote Originally Posted by arenaboy007 View Post
    Right now, steam is running a sale and some new games can be sold for as low as $4-$10. Makes dota2 item set prices look more ridiculous.
    Dota2 needs to lower the prices or put up occasional sales.
    It's been like that for years with their first F2P game, TF2. Even now, there are $10-$30 items in the TF2 store.

They may slow down on the aggressive pricing of sets (anything above $14 should be mythical and have a custom effect and/or custom animation), but as with any market people will have to speak with their wallet in order to realize that sort of change. They wouldn't be pushing $16 for new Mythical sets if people weren't buying them.