Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Intended] Lone Druid's melee Attack Range is wrong (should be 150)

Basic Member

[Intended] Lone Druid's melee Attack Range is wrong (should be 150)

In DotA 1, lone druid have [melee] attack ranges of 150 instead of the usual 128 for melee heroes.

In DotA 2, they are 128.

I am aware playdota.com says 128 for those heroes. If you fire up WC III DotA 1 6.77c, those three should have 150 attack range.

edit: wups on DK, dk should be 128.
    Last edited by blash365; 05-28-2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: changed hero to lone druid

Basic Member
    The unit data shows that only Doom Bringer and Lone Druid in True Form have 150 attack range. Doom's range is 150 in Dota 2.

Which is a good point; I have no idea how to check True Form Druid's attack range in Dota 2.

Basic Member
    if i recall correctly there was a wc3 dota version in which all melee hero ranges were changed to 128. or do i remember wrong? cant find the changelog though.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    if i recall correctly there was a wc3 dota version in which all melee hero ranges were changed to 128. or do i remember wrong? cant find the changelog though.
    there were some heros which had less than 128 attack range like naga.
    „Die Kinder von heute kennen kein Vaterunser, dafür aber Deinemudder.“

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    This whole thing came up back in this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=81455

Last time I checked it's just Doom and Lone Druid that had documented changes to their ranges.

Basic Member
    I checked my unit dump of 6.77c and it's definitely only Doom and Lone Druid that are range 150. If there are any other heroes with longer range, it's not 150 (I just did a ctrl + f for "rangeN1=150").

Can someone check if Lone Druid's range is 150? Just have Doom attack him once to get the correct range, then have Druid attack him back. If Druid has to move, his range is wrong.

Also for some strange reason his transform time is set to 1.933 instead of 2 in the npc_abilities.txt with no cast time.. I'll report that later if no one does it first..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imxtrabored View Post
    I checked my unit dump of 6.77c and it's definitely only Doom and Lone Druid that are range 150. If there are any other heroes with longer range, it's not 150 (I just did a ctrl + f for "rangeN1=150").
    This is interesting. In the hero description for Tauren Chieftain on the hero picker, it says attack range: 150. Is this just a text bug and TC should be 128?

Basic Member
    The Attack Range is definitely 128 for Tauren Cheiftain, but the tooltip does indeed say 150. The listed movement speed is correct (315).

Here is your attackrange for luci and lone
    „Die Kinder von heute kennen kein Vaterunser, dafür aber Deinemudder.“

Basic Member
    With the same test on Dota 2, Lone Druid's attack range is wrong. It's probably 128, and should be 150.

If OP could be edited and this confirmed as a bug, would be best.