Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is smurfing allowed?

Basic Member

Why is smurfing allowed?

I'm constantly having my games ruined because some wise-guy decided to "lulz make a new account and pwn newbs", I have about 900 wins and I find myself matched against people with 7 wins which in return chain fucks up the whole system and actually gives me people that are new and it just ruins the game with such different skill levels all over.

Why can't we have something like, you don't get matched with anyone that has 300 less wins than you.

Banned
    people have the maturity to buy quelling blades in a 5 stack on their smurf accounts with 1 guy as party leader fuck the game by eating trees to other side of map. GG

Banned
    I love smurfing. Sometimes I'm not looking for a challenge. Sometimes I just wanna stomp people and watch the world burn. I usually don't just fuck off though.

Basic Member
    If there was something meaningful to gain from winning tryhard super high mmr games(LIKE VISIBLE MMR) I would atleast smurf less, but now when there's nothing to gain meh..

Basic Member
    I admit I am also doing this because I need a game where I can just relax.

The current system tries to maintain 50:50 win loss ratio. In DotA 1 however you had far higher win loss ratio when you are good. I played on battle.net and Garena.

If you wanted to play competetivly you could play the ranked matches or join other networks dedicated to ranked games.

And I have to say playing WC3 DotA was more enjoyable than DotA 2. If you want to win in DotA 2 you have to go in far more competetive.

This means you have to use teamspeak, be a warding bitch, have boots as only item and end game as a lvl 12 support hero. You also have to spend all your focus on the map, look at what your enemy are building itemwise and predict their next move.
    In the current 50:50 system noone likes to play a support. And when there is finally a supporter you are expected to not-lasthit, to ward. But if things go wrong you shall receive the blame, you shall be blamed for having no items, you shall be blamed for dying so fast and you shall be blamed for doing "nothing" despite having spotted the enemy, warned the team with pings, stunned and hexed the enemy. Also all the glory goes to the carry. Ironically the team leaders from competetive DotA clans are mostly support players. They actually deserve the glory since they make the kills possible.

(Side note: I noticed that far too many high ranked carry pub gamers cry for wards. But when the ward is up they don't use that mapvision knowledge at all. They die and try to blame other players.)

As someone who is not competetivly active since finding a good team is very hard and if finally found, finding the right time to play this is out of option. (On good days (including weekends) I can play 2 hours which is nothing.)

That's why I play with casual players. I solo queue or find a match with a friend. And having a friend whose skills is really really bad (sorry Andrew) is a guarenteed loss because the system somehow thinks me and my friend are going to pull a crazy combo so to balanced it out I am given 3 more low-skilled players. I have won a single game (out of 25+) on my main account with my friend but only because of enemy team disconnection.
    Needless to say whenever I play with my friend I am using an alternate account. This way we both can enjoy a game. In these games I am supporting him and this is actually a pretty balanced game. I only get the fun items in these games. (Forcestaff, Blink Dagger, Eul Scepter, Hex)

I see DotA 2 as a casual game where I can relieve my stress.

Enforcing a ladder system and maintaining 50:50 win loss ratio is what made DotA 2 less enjoyable for me.
    I've come to a point where I am mostly matched against a 5 man stack. My games on my main account is all about complete anhillation. Now I have to loose ~50 games (?) to be midskilled. For argumentation's sake let's say a game lasts 30 minutes. That is 25 hours. As someone who only plays 1-2h maximum a day this is madness. It is way faster to create an alternate account.

In WC3 DotA you were given an option whether you want a ranked match or just join a randomly created pub match where the winning chance is actually determined by how well you play and not by how well you played in the countless matches before that match.

-------

Now people can argue I could go to LoL since it is far more casual than DotA 2. But I enjoy DotA 2 more than LoL since DotA 2 has better heroes (Invoker, Pudge, Meepo). I have played WC3 DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA 2 and recently Dawngate.

And it's dynamic is also bigger. Blink Dagger, Book of Necromicon, controlling multiple units. Also I consider DotA 2 more balanced.

-------

I admit this is pretty selfish since other people won't be able to enjoy their game since they aren't experienced as some other players. But I don't like the current system.
    Public matchmaking (no 5 man stack) + competetive gaming?

The system as it is now is friendly to low-skilled players (given there aren't player like me who make alternate accounts).

But it is anti-fun for high-skilled players without a proper clan/who solo queue. Reasoning why I am not in a clan (anymore) can be seen above (red text).

Dota 2 doesn't force a 50/50 win/loss rate. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Interrobangin View Post
    Dota 2 doesn't force a 50/50 win/loss rate. (Source)
    They also say the mute system isnt automated
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    I admit I am also doing this because I need a game where I can just relax.

The current system tries to maintain 50:50 win loss ratio. In DotA 1 however you had far higher win loss ratio when you are good. I played on battle.net and Garena.

If you wanted to play competetivly you could play the ranked matches or join other networks dedicated to ranked games.

And I have to say playing WC3 DotA was more enjoyable than DotA 2. If you want to win in DotA 2 you have to go in far more competetive.

This means you have to use teamspeak, be a warding bitch, have boots as only item and end game as a lvl 12 support hero. You also have to spend all your focus on the map, look at what your enemy are building itemwise and predict their next move.
    In the current 50:50 system noone likes to play a support. And when there is finally a supporter you are expected to not-lasthit, to ward. But if things go wrong you shall receive the blame, you shall be blamed for having no items, you shall be blamed for dying so fast and you shall be blamed for doing "nothing" despite having spotted the enemy, warned the team with pings, stunned and hexed the enemy. Also all the glory goes to the carry. Ironically the team leaders from competetive DotA clans are mostly support players. They actually deserve the glory since they make the kills possible.

(Side note: I noticed that far too many high ranked carry pub gamers cry for wards. But when the ward is up they don't use that mapvision knowledge at all. They die and try to blame other players.)

As someone who is not competetivly active since finding a good team is very hard and if finally found, finding the right time to play this is out of option. (On good days (including weekends) I can play 2 hours which is nothing.)

That's why I play with casual players. I solo queue or find a match with a friend. And having a friend whose skills is really really bad (sorry Andrew) is a guarenteed loss because the system somehow thinks me and my friend are going to pull a crazy combo so to balanced it out I am given 3 more low-skilled players. I have won a single game (out of 25+) on my main account with my friend but only because of enemy team disconnection.
    Needless to say whenever I play with my friend I am using an alternate account. This way we both can enjoy a game. In these games I am supporting him and this is actually a pretty balanced game. I only get the fun items in these games. (Forcestaff, Blink Dagger, Eul Scepter, Hex)

I see DotA 2 as a casual game where I can relieve my stress.

Enforcing a ladder system and maintaining 50:50 win loss ratio is what made DotA 2 less enjoyable for me.
    I've come to a point where I am mostly matched against a 5 man stack. My games on my main account is all about complete anhillation. Now I have to loose ~50 games (?) to be midskilled. For argumentation's sake let's say a game lasts 30 minutes. That is 25 hours. As someone who only plays 1-2h maximum a day this is madness. It is way faster to create an alternate account.

In WC3 DotA you were given an option whether you want a ranked match or just join a randomly created pub match where the winning chance is actually determined by how well you play and not by how well you played in the countless matches before that match.

-------

Now people can argue I could go to LoL since it is far more casual than DotA 2. But I enjoy DotA 2 more than LoL since DotA 2 has better heroes (Invoker, Pudge, Meepo). I have played WC3 DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA 2 and recently Dawngate.

And it's dynamic is also bigger. Blink Dagger, Book of Necromicon, controlling multiple units. Also I consider DotA 2 more balanced.

-------

I admit this is pretty selfish since other people won't be able to enjoy their game since they aren't experienced as some other players. But I don't like the current system.
    Public matchmaking (no 5 man stack) + competetive gaming?

The system as it is now is friendly to low-skilled players (given there aren't player like me who make alternate accounts).

But it is anti-fun for high-skilled players without a proper clan/who solo queue. Reasoning why I am not in a clan (anymore) can be seen above (red text).
    Completly agree. I also created an alternate just to have some relaxing games.

Basic Member
    Valve's matchmaking system's intention is to match yourself with 9 players similiar to your skill level. Yet - from my experience - this doesn't seem the case.

And seeing how many other people's win ratio are between 40-60% it is pretty clear that the current system forces a 50% ratio. Be it directly or indirectly.

I want to play a game where the result is unclear. Where turn arounds do happen. Where not only I am the support player. Where support players are not flamed at.

I am sorry that I have to resort to creating smurfs in order to enjoy my matches.

Basic Member
    "Dota 2 doesn't force a 50/50 win/loss rate. (Source)"
    hahaha sure man they don't. So HOW they do it? No-one tells us how this shitty MM works. I have over 1200 games in Dota 2(623 wins 611 loses) and I played Dota close to 10 years. When i go into a winning streak of let's say 5 games then the game FORCES me to lose by drafting me up with completely retards who can't even lane properly. The difference can be seen by the way they are playing in the first 5 minutes. I KNOW in the first 4-5 minutes that the game will result in a loss. Im lvl 73 and the glorious MM pairs me up with lvl 20 and lvl 30 accounts , thats around 50 lvl difference. So let's say account lvl doesn't matter and there are pretty good players cause account lvl doesn't dictate skill HOW do they get drafted? Which stats are taken into consideration? K/D/A ratio? exp/min , gpm, L/W ratio? All of them? Which one? I was thinking that I actually AM NOT very good to get drafted with these people yet I rarely can be blamed for failing. And it's not a matter of counterpicked or luck, these people are plain retarded and have NO IDEA about the game.