Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Attack/Spell animations not visible from time to time

Basic Member
    Same problem here. My connection ist fine, but from time to time there are attack animations missing. The spell animation seems to work properly for me though. Sometimes even the animation for lasthitting oder denying creeps is missing (the gold amount/ exclamation mark)...

Basic Member
    I have the problem still, it really affects gameplay. The other day I couldnt see Puck's orb, so that completely screws up your game if you play against him. You have no idea in which direction the orb is going, you don't see it if it comes from the tree, you only see your hp drop. Same thing with Magnus shockwave, and sometimes Pudge hook. Oh, and I cannot see relocate location, neither on the minimap, nor on the ground.

And as mentioned before in this thread, ping is fine etc.

Basic Member
    I can confirm this. From time to time a projectile is not showing, an animation is not showing, and even the bounty from a creep/neutral is not popping, even if you get it. And sometimes it can be very annoying. I found myself in situations when i couldn't see a tower hit and died because of that, when i could have easily popped a salve and save myself.

Basic Member
    I can confirm this as well, I haven't ever seen packet loss and this happens regularly - I'd also point out that there are certain animations that have interesting behaviour when this happens - for example, when windrunner uses a powershot, and the animation doesn't play her correctly, I see her running on the spot for a few seconds, even though everyone/everything else is moving fine. As stated by some other people, these issues even happen on my own character (e.g. I get a last hit but don't see the animation, even though I get the gold for it) when, if it were a network issue, I'd assume there shouldn't be any problem with my own hero

Basic Member
    Same here. Started after a recent update. Never had the problem before and I have a great computer with great network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Basic Member
    I think i solved the problem by reinstalling dota.
    Can't confirm it yet thouh.

Basic Member
    Same here, sometimes when you get last hits on creeps or neutrals the bounty notification does not pop up, and the projectile of the tower shooting is invisible.

Basic Member
    got the same issue

Same here
    playing dota since 2005!

Basic Member
    I've got the same issue. No ping issues (30-45) , 0 packet loss. I'm missing auto attack often, AA's ulti, Puck's orb, generally whatever spell "flies" through the air, has a chance to not appear.