Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Bugging out from cliffs (sprout)

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Bugging out from cliffs (sprout)

(First of all, if anyone can make a better OP post just write it in the reply section.)

Furion's sprout ability can bug units out from cliffs when it shouldn't be possible

MatchID 205755975
    30:40 replay time the bug occurs

repro:
    1. Pick Furlion
    2.Pick Phantom lancer (might work with other heroes also)
    3.Pick Wisp or pick Vengeful spirit with forcestaff, or pudge with hook, or just buy a dagger/forcestaff for the phantom lancer.
    4. Feed some kills to bloodseeker (not sure if necessary, might not be)
    5. Go to a cliff and get all the heroes mentioned before up there
    6. Use doppelwalk with Phantom lancer and move to corner
    7. Use Sprout with furlion on the right spot (like shown on the replay)

Result: Phantom lancer gets down from the cliff

Expected result: Phantom lancer won't get down from the cliff, and stays there.

And no, I haven't tested in wc3 but most likely it checks on the same height if there is any space and moves the hero there, instead of dropping him down from the cliff just like in the replay.

OT: Almost won that game

Nope there is no bug, this is a quirk of Wc3 and was abused/used a lot in the game Sheep Tag. To trick jump away from the chasers (raiders).

I'll go and test it anyway in Dota1

Well with sheep tag that was with buildings.

It turns out in Wc3 trees do not displace anything, they can even be put directly upon units. Much like that happened in Vapirism actually :L
    So yeh currently trees are bugged in the fact they should not displace units at all (It should be impossible to fill the cliffs enough to cause displacement, however you can displace units by going into forests(surrounded by trees) then spamming the spell on WTF.

So this is a good bug find !

Confirmed --> Now just need a mod to add to sticky D=
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 05-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Now we must just investigate has the step 4 do anything with the bug.

No it doesn't
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Volunteer Moderator
    Trees can displace if you're moving... Furion's sprout has sometimes spawned completely filled out sprouts, causing your hero to displace out of it. When you are displaced you should follow ground movement rules to the nearest space large enough for your unit to fit --> so you should not go down cliffs if you can move to a same-level terrain with no obstructions to it. I will draw a sketch about this at some point, as the same applies for non-targettable summons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Trees can displace if you're moving... Furion's sprout has sometimes spawned completely filled out sprouts, causing your hero to displace out of it. When you are displaced you should follow ground movement rules to the nearest space large enough for your unit to fit --> so you should not go down cliffs if you can move to a same-level terrain with no obstructions to it. I will draw a sketch about this at some point, as the same applies for non-targettable summons.
    I jumped onto the cliff with 20 meepos and 5 furions. I proceeded to sprout spam on wtf mode everywhere on these heroes. Not one of them was displaced, The only time I was able to achieve displacement was by Teleporting furion into the woods (Surrounded by trees) then completely blocking myself up with trees. I believe that placement collision of a tree is something like unit of 1 or something. Effectively it is impossible to displace people from cliffs, and it is semi impossible to displace yourself from trees as you cannot sprout that many trees without WTF Mode.

Also the Dota1 is bugged with handling multiple meepos controlled by a single player and the meepo's ulti, in relation to creation of new meepos. It creates 4 every time its leveld once o.O

Volunteer Moderator
    While moving. If you are moving the game engine displaces you. I didn't argue that you were wrong, I was just adding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    While moving. If you are moving the game engine displaces you. I didn't argue that you were wrong, I was just adding to it.
    That makes sense ^^ otherwise it would never trap anyone :L

Ill go test it on a cliff with them moving :L

When moving the units are unaffected on the cliff.

Sprout when used on a moving target will either miss the target completely (have no effect) or they will push the target inside the circle of sprouted trees. However this does not allow for cliff jumps or wall jumps.

@Winxp Both cogs and Sprout are bugged.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 05-29-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Basic Member
    I've seen furion sprout someone who was cogged and the target ended up outside both the cogs and the trees. I'm fairly certain that's not intended.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage