Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve on communication reports

Valve on communication reports

http://blog.dota2.com/2013/05/communication-reports/

First, a couple of notes on the implementation:

- Multiple people ganging up on you to report you in the same game has no effect on whether or not you are banned. We are looking at patterns of behavior over time only.
    - If you are currently communication banned, any communication reports you receive in that time period do not contribute towards, nor result in additional bans.
    A few statistics:

- Since the ban system has been implemented, thereís been a 35% drop in negative communication interactions.
    - Less than the 1% of the active player base (players who have played Dota 2 in the last month) are currently banned.
    - 60% of players who receive bans go on to modify their behavior and donít receive further bans.
    - Total reports are down more than 30%, even after accounting for the reduction in the number permitted per week.
    Why am I not surprised...

Because of how obvious it was.

Glad Valve's made an official statement about this.

Hopefully all the people who are communication banned that are bitching about it's flaws will shut up now. Unless the statistics are flat out lies, I want the system to continue. Thanks Valve.

Basic Member
    Less then 1 percent. Still a huge number but compared to overall pop. it is low. As expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunker View Post
    Hopefully all the people who are communication banned that are bitching about it's flaws will shut up now. Unless the statistics are flat out lies, I want the system to continue. Thanks Valve.
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    Based on how many people on my friends list that are banned, and how every time I play a game there is AT LEAST one person in my team banned, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it is not working as they claim

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldanis View Post
    Based on how many people on my friends list that are banned, and how every time I play a game there is AT LEAST one person in my team banned, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it is not working as they claim
    +1
    I have never been muted but this system is SHIT IMO!

Banned
    retarded developers draw retarded conclusions from retarded data results.

We are looking at patterns of behavior over time only.
    you or the system ? an automated system can not judge patterns , an automated system counts, what does your system count ?
    stop bullshitting people ... your system failed, and it is so bad that it made you invent lies instead of apologies.
    I for one will not play dota again unless this moronic system is removed or changed ... I do not want to have muted players in my team , I don't care how much they swear to me, I want to be able, at least, to unmute them myself ... if I want to see bad words on my screen it is my own problem not yours Valve ... and it is not you to decide what is negative communication against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldanis View Post
    Funny, I have the exact opposite experience. None of the people on my friends list are banned, and I have only run into about 3 players that have been muted in game.

Thanks for the statistics Valve. Hopefully the forum will return to actual discussion now and not people crying about how unfair their ban is (we all know this won't happen)

EDIT: ^Case in point

Keep up the good work Valve.