Thread: Reconnecting

Reconnecting

There seems to be a lot of reconnecting issues still plaguing games resulting in a lot of remakes I think it would be great if we could just connect to games through the console regardless of if you were originally in the match making queue or not I think this would resolve a lot of problems that are happening now and cause less games to be remade and potentially making people wait even longer to get into a game.
    Last edited by DBX_5; 09-20-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Basic Member
    I would say that should only be possible if the spot was abandoned. Otherwise I agree.

I'm not sure how the console would help you here.

I'd rather understand what sort of issues players are having with connecting.

There seems to be some rare issues where players simply dont get the reconnect option if DotA2 crashes and same with if they disconnect during the loadscreen I havent experienced it my self I just have noticed that it seems to happen quite often resulting in around 2-5 remakes before it actually gets the game going, my suggestion is to allow users to connect to a game (for now) either with the match making system, reconnecting button and just flat out connecting using the "connect <iport>" tool in the console at least in till either the reconnect issues have been fixed and or the system to allow users to take over leavers is implemented this would help with lowering the amount of remakes that are more or less being forced due to reconnect issues and just flat out leavers.
    Last edited by DBX_5; 09-20-2011 at 09:51 PM.