Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fog of War and "Juke Spots"

Basic Member
    First off, you dont have the right to say "you are trying to make the game better by your suggestions" because
    those suggestions must be "good" in the first place. So its a little pretentious of you to say you can make the game
    better with your suggestions. A lot of things I see in the dev forums is stupid suggestions (not yours)
    that people throw because "THIS WAS IN LOL, IT WAS USED TO IT, IT MUST BE IN DOTA TOO" but they
    fail to even weigh the mechanical and balance implications of their suggestions.

"RANGE INDICATOR PLEASE, BECAUSE IT WAS IN LOL"
    "QUICK CAST PLEASE, BECAUSE IT WAS IN LOL"
    and other bullshit like that.

You just dont "buff juking" without considering the nerf to the chasers.
    If i ran past you when youre hiding into a spot, then thats good, you juked me.
    If i ran past you and saw a glimpse of your hero in the treeline then youre not hiding well enough.
    If i ran past you, you appeared for a split second in the treeline and i didnt notice, then im an idiot.

Keep in mid that the LoL was balanced by people who either whined too much, or doesnt know what true balance is.
    Dota isnt balanced by the people, its balanced by Icefrog, who is the only person qualified to do so.
    Last edited by Ghostface; 06-04-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    First off, you dont have the right to say "you are trying to make the game better by your suggestions" because
    those suggestions must be "good" in the first place. So its a little pretentious of you to say you can make the game
    better with your suggestions. A lot of things I see in the dev forums is stupid suggestions (not yours)
    that people throw because "THIS WAS IN LOL, IT WAS USED TO IT, IT MUST BE IN DOTA TOO" but they
    fail to even weigh the mechanical and balance implications of their suggestions.

"RANGE INDICATOR PLEASE, BECAUSE IT WAS IN LOL"
    "QUICK CAST PLEASE, BECAUSE IT WAS IN LOL"
    and other bullshit like that.

You just dont "buff juking" without considering the nerf to the chasers.
    If i ran past you when youre hiding into a spot, then thats good, you juked me.
    If i ran past you and saw a glimpse of your hero in the treeline then youre not hiding well enough.
    If i ran past you, you appeared for a split second in the treeline and i didnt notice, then im an idiot.

Keep in mid that the LoL was balanced by people who either whined too much, or doesnt know what true balance is.
    Dota isnt balanced by the people, its balanced by Icefrog, who is the only person qualified to do so.

Hey Mr.Troll You don't seem to get that this thread was based on a parity issue between Dota2 and Dota1 that the OP thought was inconsistent (when in fact it was consistent) This has nothing to do with buffing or nerfing chasers.
    Also Dota is balanced by the people, if something is ridiculously OP then Icefrog is notified. Otherwise every hero would be released perfectly balanced, and there would be no more need for updates. For example Drows global aura affecting all units including creeps. That was OP.

So yeh GG Mr.troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Sure, lets call "Aghanims Disabling buyback" a cry for balance for necrolyte,
    im pretty sure omniknight having global angel was also a player based suggestion right?

There is no "fog parity of dota1 and dota2" because dota1 fog is actually worse than dota2 if you seen my screenshots.
    How can you parity something that is intrinsically broken?

Counter GGd.

I like how making a point = automatic troll.
    The mindset of some people.

As OP stated: "A Juke spot its a place between the trees that prevents vision from outside, and from inside out...it's essencial for jukers as the enemy dont know where you are going when you enter them."

This is what OP "WANTED", but not what actual WC3 is doing. There is no parity issue here.
    Last edited by Ghostface; 06-04-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post

As OP stated: "A Juke spot its a place between the trees that prevents vision from outside, and from inside out...it's essencial for jukers as the enemy dont know where you are going when you enter them."

This is what OP "WANTED", but not what actual WC3 is doing. There is no parity issue here.
    Little correction, i "wanted" because in my memory DotA's fog was like HoN's fog. I was wrong, there's nothing wrong in Dota 2 FoW.
    And never mentioned LoL, i mention HoN.

Also, when i say i'm trying to make the game better by giving sugestions i'm not confirming all my sugestions are good o.O I'm just brainstorming to the best of my capacity, maybe Valve likes it or it may give another idea to a dev when he sees mine, i don't know. At least i'm doing something instead of just criticism like you, good thing you're not a dev. You may want to check my Threads history, a lot of my sugestions were implemented already.
    Last edited by DarkSuo; 06-04-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Maverick Hunter.

Basic Member
    Please implement more juke spot options into the game. It makes the gameplay more dynamic and fun, makes for awesome replay highlights, and provides for clutch plays if executed properly. The fog of war being suggested by the OP is way one to go about it. Other options include changes to the trees layout to create new paths and juke spots. Dota is a great game with room for improvement. Ill be interested to see how dota 2 evolves after Valve finishes porting all dota 2 heroes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noya View Post
    Who ever made this is a genius, I need to hide in my room and closely study this map.
    btw, i agree with OP. I think juke spot should not be able to see outside, it makes me feel like i'm naked hiding in trees. Where as if it's no visible i feel safe. If someone walk pass me and i see him makes me feel like he can see me.
    But i think FoW of dota work as you can see outside, but outside can't see you?