View Poll Results: Brazil separate server

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

86 68.80%
  • No, thank you!

39 31.20%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Request to separate Brazil / Rest of south america server.

Basic Member

Exclamation [Suggestion] Request to separate (Brazil) / (Rest of south america)[Language barrier]

I hereby request the creation of a separate server for Brazil players (or a Spanish/Portuguese language filter), and here are my reasons:

-They cant speak English nor Spanish (useless insulting your mother is a real language now)
    -There are LOTS of Brazil players
    -They canīt / wonīt communicate in other language that itīs not Portuguese, and get really angry (and sometimes make fun of you) when you ask them to do so.
    -They are aggressive and extremely xenophobic (iīve reported hundreds of them for this).

So...here are my reasons, itīs up to you now.
    I know many of my fellow Spanish-speaking members of this community feel the same way so i hope this solves this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    IM NOT TALKING ABOUT A REGION LOCK! IF YOU ARE HERE TO SUGGEST THAT, DONīT!
    Last edited by Kalopinx; 06-07-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Title could be misleading. Removed some content due to complains.

Basic Member
    I have no idea how large the server is. If it is large enough then Valve could potentially split it off. But just making an obvious containment server for Brazil wouldn't solve anything, unless you're advocating for region lock.

Not only would it be insulting to Brazil, Brazilians could also just join the "rest of South America" server and nothing would change.

It's like with the Russian server, a lot of Russians join other servers where they think there are better players.

Basic Member
    Yeah, but what im asking for is not a region lock, im asking for a language filter, or a separate server for the rest of south america, because the language barrier is too huge, and the discrimination is even larger.

They are extremely xenophobic
    iīve reported hundreds of them for this
    I like the irony here.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalopinx View Post
    Yeah, but what im asking for is not a region lock, im asking for a language filter, or a separate server for the rest of south america, because the language barrier is too huge, and the discrimination is even larger.
    Like I said, even if you do make a separate server, what's stopping them from just joining your server? Or putting Spanish as their language?

Basic Member
    Nothing would stop them, but given the attitude of Br players, they would prefer playing in their own server.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    I like the irony here.
    I have to agree with this.

I'm Brazilian. And I can and will communicate in English if necessary. I never leave or rage quit. I sometimes get mad but I just deal with it and try to instruct my teammates so they don't repeat the mistakes they just did, such as a carry buying back and rushing mid 1v5 against enemy, only to die again and throw the game. When I make mistakes, I apologize and even though some people just go and say "(insert your hero name here), you suck", I just ignore them.

Look, I know it's tough, but what you're getting confused with is simply that it doesn't matter where the player is from or what language the player speaks: some players are aggressive and hate on others, whine a lot, etc. The fact that this happened while you were playing with Brazilians shouldn't make you think that we're all the same because we're not. It will be unfair to part of us the same as it is unfair to part of other players.

Making a thread like this just makes you look like you're the xenophobic one even though that's not correct, so all I ask is for you to take some time to think about what I've said (related to how there are shitty people in all servers, speaking all languages), and then come back to see if this is really the solution to anything.
    Last edited by kill; 05-30-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kill View Post
    This.

I'm Brazilian. And I can and will communicate in English if necessary. I never leave or rage quit. I sometimes get mad but I just deal with it and try to instruct my teammates so they don't repeat the mistakes they just did, such as a carry buying back and rushing mid 1v5 against enemy, only to die again and throw the game. When I make mistakes, I apologize and even though some people just go and say "(insert your hero name here), you suck", I just ignore them.

Look, I know it's tough, but what you're getting confused with is simply that it doesn't matter where the player is from or what language the player speaks: some players are aggressive and hate on others, whine a lot, etc. The fact that this happened while you were playing with Brazilians shouldn't make you think that we're all the same because we're not. It will be unfair to part of us the same as it is unfair to part of other players.

Making a thread like this just makes you look like you're the xenophobic one even though that's not correct, so all I ask is for you to take some time to think about what I've said (related to how there are shitty people in all servers, speaking all languages), and then come back to see if this is really the solution to anything.
    You are not getting my point of view.
    All im saying is that the language barrier is HUGE, and that MOST Brazilian players wont speak in any other language that is not their own.
    This fact makes playing a team game like DOTA impossible.
    I donīt need to hear about the good or evil people in your/all countries, i know there is bad people everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kill View Post
    I have to agree with this.

im from argentina and i stopped play on south america due to brazilians. not regarding insults or bad manners but the fact that i dont understand what they type and it bothers me way more when they speak because i got no idea what they are saying. many times i even told them where i was from and that i dont know portuguese, ofc some players kindly used english when talking to me or talking as a team but still there are others who dont and with this new "retarded" mute system im not even thinking on going to SA server because im sure im gona get muted after few games.

all i want is another server for sa or atleast a spanish/portuguese filter. i also know some trolls will just mark both but im sure i will find more spanish speaking players than portuguese ones.

i can proly say 80% of south america spanish players just queue on us west wich is our only escape from the language barrier but the ones who dont know english either its either playing on brazil and not understanding anything or the same but on us east.

the language barrier is HUGE
    Any language barrier is huge barring the odd chance that your language and your teammate's happen to have a lot of similarities.

This fact makes playing a team game like DOTA impossible.
    Stop playing solo in pubs and/or taking pubs so seriously.