Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 123

Thread: Two of my friends have already quit dota 2 from the mute bans.

  1. #11
    Basic Member VenomBHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,094
    Valve should link dota mute to forum mute somehow...

  2. #12
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Trash talking has nothing to do with competitiveness. It's exactly the opposite: most sports punish flamers and it's not different here.
    What sport punishes trash talking?

  3. #13
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by secondbin View Post
    What sport punishes trash talking?
    Most big sports out there? What happens if you insult an enemy football player and a camera sees it? Have fun paying the fees (they got enough money, but they have to).
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

  4. #14
    so, i am muted for 160hours because.... 3 f*cking russians gangned up on me and reported me while they were feeding and playing HORRIBLE and spamming in russian on ENGLISH server............ i was with a friend, they were just spamming bullshit on russian and since i can understand they are offending us(i know some russian) i just started talking back and they all reported me.................. rly valve? rly? because of a bunch of russ tards now im muted? what happened with the "people cant gang up on you and report you"???? have u ever thought SOME people might ABUSE the report system and just spam reports when they are a group of people?!
    remove this bullshit mute system, if someone wants the other guy muted, there is a f*cking BUTTON TO DO THAT.............. now i lose desire to play this game because i cant communicate with my team in dota, and that is essential to a TEAMPLAY game........

  5. #15
    Basic Member TheWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomBHz View Post
    Valve should link dota mute to forum mute somehow...
    I can imagine the beautiful silence
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    so, i am muted for 160hours because.... 3 f*cking russians gangned up on me and reported me...
    No you weren't. You got chat banned for talking back to them and whatever reports you had earlier. Read the blog post about the system.

    If 2 people quit dota because they are constantly being muted for flaming then I would say the system is working as intended.

  7. #17
    Basic Member glodar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,275
    Whenever u call someone noob,or any trashtalk just have in mind that in dota 1 better platforms u would be totaly banned from playing few days...
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Most big sports out there? What happens if you insult an enemy football player and a camera sees it? Have fun paying the fees (they got enough money, but they have to).
    By football do you mean NFL or soccer? Please post an event or link where trash talking resulted in a fine (trash talking the referee doesn't count since that is off limits in every sport).

  9. #19
    Basic Member auygurbalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under the Gabe's bed
    Posts
    1,909
    Well, my friend i think system is awesome..My community [me and my friends(150)] only got a chatban when deserve it, and if you get 158 hours, simply you deserve it...it doesnt matter whether you quit or not..cuz i know, better to lose 2 ppl than 20 ppl that raged by that you and your friend....

  10. #20
    Basic Member auygurbalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under the Gabe's bed
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    so, i am muted for 160hours because.... 3 f*cking russians gangned up on me and reported me while they were feeding and playing HORRIBLE and spamming in russian on ENGLISH server............ i was with a friend, they were just spamming bullshit on russian and since i can understand they are offending us(i know some russian) i just started talking back and they all reported me.................. rly valve? rly? because of a bunch of russ tards now im muted? what happened with the "people cant gang up on you and report you"???? have u ever thought SOME people might ABUSE the report system and just spam reports when they are a group of people?!
    remove this bullshit mute system, if someone wants the other guy muted, there is a f*cking BUTTON TO DO THAT.............. now i lose desire to play this game because i cant communicate with my team in dota, and that is essential to a TEAMPLAY game........
    you say you are a english..then pls READ: http://blog.dota2.com/2013/05/communication-reports/

    if you receive 9 report in single game it count as 1...
    So if you got 160, simply you trash talk a LOT!!! Apperently you keep trash talking here too....system isnt broken

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •