Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 123

Thread: Two of my friends have already quit dota 2 from the mute bans.

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by auygurbalik View Post
    you say you are a english..then pls READ: http://blog.dota2.com/2013/05/communication-reports/

    if you receive 9 report in single game it count as 1...
    So if you got 160, simply you trash talk a LOT!!! Apperently you keep trash talking here too....system isnt broken
    except that reports can be given for any reason, and if you're unlucky you get enough reports and receive a mute, because someone didn't like your hero pick.

  2. #22
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by secondbin View Post
    By football do you mean NFL or soccer? Please post an event or link where trash talking resulted in a fine (trash talking the referee doesn't count since that is off limits in every sport).
    Soccer... NFL... damn Americans (nothing personal :P). If you use a foot, call it FOOTBALL.
    Apart from that joke, it doesn't matter, as you find it in both games:

    Fines for physical abuse:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arrison-25000/
    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...his-character/
    Fines for racist fans (get's closer):
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...52775298.html#
    Fines for trash-talking/flaming:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ce-evra-racism
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/games/ge...-1226032378460

    I have to admit finding them took me 10 minutes, but only because some headlines appear like 30 times on google :/
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

  3. #23
    Basic Member auygurbalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under the Gabe's bed
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    except that reports can be given for any reason, and if you're unlucky you get enough reports and receive a mute, because someone didn't like your hero pick.
    is it really so hard to understand??? NOBODY WASTES THEIR REPORTS FOR NO REASON....since there are 2 per week

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by auygurbalik View Post
    is it really so hard to understand??? NOBODY WASTES THEIR REPORTS FOR NO REASON....since there are 2 per week
    Every week when my reports reset, I actually turn into Gollum. I never waste My Precious (reports) until they're extremely warranted. Twice a week, I get the joy of logging into Dota and seeing that someone else obviously reported him on a separate occasion and that 'Action has been taken." -- and -- "Thank you."

    You're welcome, community.

  5. #25
    i always trash talk and i seem to not get muted. same with my friends.
    you must be a real asshole to the enemy and really annoying to your own team mates.

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzader1986 View Post
    i always trash talk and i seem to not get muted. same with my friends.
    you must be a real asshole to the enemy and really annoying to your own team mates.
    not rly find game get russian stack tell them to buy courier (or wards ) and you are muted enough, reported because of things like this 3 times

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Playahs View Post
    not rly find game get russian stack tell them to buy courier (or wards ) and you are muted enough, reported because of things like this 3 times
    Doubt it.

    Match IDs or bust.

  8. #28
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    168
    not counting things like i'm lossing 5 -8 games per day because of russians

  9. #29
    Basic Member MeSoloTopPlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Top Lane, Stalking
    Posts
    613
    Well it's good that Valve punishes people for flaming, but there needs to be a difference in punishment for someone who keeps on flaming and flaming all game and gets reported and someone who flamed an idiot in his team once and that idiot and his friend reported him for this one "noob"

    The mute system is flawed in that it considers both of these the same thing.

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Playahs View Post
    not rly find game get russian stack tell them to buy courier (or wards ) and you are muted enough, reported because of things like this 3 times
    And this happens all the time. The thing is, the system doesn't appear to take into account games played. I don't think anyone really disagrees that its abused at least sometimes. If you play 5 games a week and get reported in all of them you should be muted... If you play 100 games and are reported in three of them, you probably shouldn't be, but will.

    Everyone will get into some games with obvious flames, but the more games you play, the more unwarranted reports in a small amount of time. And the people that save reports for those "bad" offenders are the minority. It's far more dangerous early in the week and most people don't have any reservations about using all reports on Sunday or Monday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •