Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Chat ban appeal.

  1. #31
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    171
    So you are trying three pages of this thread to discuss whether you are deserving or not deserving a mute ban.
    well, from the way you are arguing here, it seems that you are pretty sure about being right, which tells me, that if someone disagrees with you,
    you will try to convince them about your point whatever the needs...

    Well, guess thats what got you muted.

    Also, dont open a thread about the mute system, try to keep posting in the ones which are already created for that matter.
    So well, the mute system is a work in progress, so try not to give anyone a reason to report you and if you want to complain,
    dont open another thread. this makes the forum unusable and just overflowing with bullshit

  2. #32
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by xthunderxwolfx View Post
    Match ID:
    209526114

    So, i was in this game with a group who was flaming while they were winning, and after we started winning, the Jakiro started complaining, and after i flamed back, i got reported by the whole group, and what do you know, one week chat ban. I wonder what punishment they got. For this being non-abuse-able, it sure is abuse-able. And i would prefer if this didn't get tucked away in the 350+ page carpet. Thank you.
    Another one who thinks that its their last match where all the reports came. Also week means its like 3rd or 4th chat ban, not quickest learner, eh?

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    I don't think Valve cares about retards.
    Dat flame. Why aren't you banned from posting on the forums for calling people retards? And if everyone outside the community thinks we're "Retards" Why would they pay money for the game?

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by pcnx View Post
    So you are trying three pages of this thread to discuss whether you are deserving or not deserving a mute ban.
    well, from the way you are arguing here, it seems that you are pretty sure about being right, which tells me, that if someone disagrees with you,
    you will try to convince them about your point whatever the needs...

    Well, guess thats what got you muted.

    Also, dont open a thread about the mute system, try to keep posting in the ones which are already created for that matter.
    So well, the mute system is a work in progress, so try not to give anyone a reason to report you and if you want to complain,
    dont open another thread. this makes the forum unusable and just overflowing with bullshit
    I don't enjoy having my threads in 350+ page* threads.

  5. #35
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    918
    Makes account in May 2013.. has 20 posts, has played over 500 games. If you got banned for a full week it means 3 things
    1) you have been banned twice previously as the first ban is always only 24 hours and then i think the next ban is 72 hours and the one after that is a week.

    2) adding to point 1, this means you are a repeat offender thus any argument you say or bring proclaiming innocence is automatically void because that means in a space of probably a month you have been muted 3 times, considering only 1% of the community has been muted and that only 40% of that 1% goes on to be a "repeat offender" means you need an attitude adjustment, not the system

    3) You flamed back. 2 wrongs does not make a right. Next time report them and move on.


    In conclusion, take a hard look in the mirror, and say what did I DO to deserve this punishment and stop blaming the fucken system.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc2 View Post
    Makes account in May 2013.. has 20 posts, has played over 500 games. If you got banned for a full week it means 3 things
    1) you have been banned twice previously as the first ban is always only 24 hours and then i think the next ban is 72 hours and the one after that is a week.

    2) adding to point 1, this means you are a repeat offender thus any argument you say or bring proclaiming innocence is automatically void because that means in a space of probably a month you have been muted 3 times, considering only 1% of the community has been muted and that only 40% of that 1% goes on to be a "repeat offender" means you need an attitude adjustment, not the system

    3) You flamed back. 2 wrongs does not make a right. Next time report them and move on.


    In conclusion, take a hard look in the mirror, and say what did I DO to deserve this punishment and stop blaming the fucken system.
    I've only been muted twice since this account has been made, also, how do you figured that one percent has been muted? I understand that's Vavle's statistic, but from the amount of thread and the amount of players, its much higher. Also, i don't have 5 reports for 5 people. But they have 5 reports for one person.

  7. #37
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by xthunderxwolfx View Post
    I've only been muted twice since this account has been made, also, how do you figured that one percent has been muted? I understand that's Vavle's statistic, but from the amount of thread and the amount of players, its much higher. Also, i don't have 5 reports for 5 people. But they have 5 reports for one person.
    Okay clearly you cannot read a simply blog so I am going to link you to it: http://blog.dota2.com/2013/05/communication-reports/

    Now secondly twice or thrice does not matter your a repeat offender and in the 1% of muted players and then the 40% of that 1% stats dont lie my friend.

    Thirdly your whole theory on "whole amount of threads created" is just the ones that "dislike" the system are the ones that cry the loudest. This straight from a book in business (UNI shit) with proven facts if 1 customer out of 10 is unhappy and 9 others are happy the unhappy customer is 90% more likely to complain than the happy customer to say "im happy and satisified". Thus "negativity" and "unhappines" is always the LOUDEST.

  8. #38
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by xthunderxwolfx View Post
    I've only been muted twice since this account has been made, also, how do you figured that one percent has been muted? I understand that's Vavle's statistic, but from the amount of thread and the amount of players, its much higher. Also, i don't have 5 reports for 5 people. But they have 5 reports for one person.
    Taking from Dota2.com that there are roughtly 3.4M UNIQUE players within Dota 2. 1% of that is ABOUT 35,000.

    Taken from forum main page:

    Members 71,038 Active Members 13,466

    Now... let's pretend that there were actually 71,000 UNIQUE members on this forum (I doubt it, lots of troll accounts or banned people making new accounts). Instead, let's take ~13,500 'active members'. Now, let's pretend that ALL active accounts made a complaint thread about being muted.

    13,500/3,400,000 * 100 = .397 ... So if EVERY ONE of us was chat banned AND complaining about it... you'd have ~.4% of the active Dota 2 community muted AND not liking the way the system works.

    In reality, there's maybe, I don't know I'll use a big number like, 500 unique 'complaints' on this forum about being 'unjustly' muted.

    500/3,400,000 * 100 = ~.015 That's... .015% of the Dota 2 community. That's NOTHING. Do you understand how minute and tiny the portion of mute ragers and system haters you make up? Do you see why Valve could care less about your petty complaints? You and those like you do NOT make up any type of majority. 1% of the 3,400,000 are estimated to have been under the mute system. That's 35,000 people! Of those 35K, the 500 supposed threads on this forum make up 1.5% of that!

    1.5% of the 1% are "angry" about being muted and want to scream from a mountain top about their innocence. You have got to look at the big picture. You are not innocent, as you have been chat banned for your 3rd time now. When you change your ways and stop trying to talk like you're in a boat of right while we all swim in your sea of wrong, then you'll see that, in plain words, you fucked up, and now you're paying the consequences. Stop trying to think you're above everyone else, you're not. If someone's being an asshole, report them instead of being one back. You can have the upper hand too, you choose not to take it. NOBODY here will feel sorry for that scenario.

  9. #39
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by xthunderxwolfx View Post
    I don't enjoy having my threads in 350+ page* threads.
    And i dont enjoy reading the same sensless threads about muting everyday in the forums.
    Post it in an appropriate existing thread or dont post at all.
    Do us all a favor

  10. #40
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by xthunderxwolfx View Post
    And according to previous blog entries, they weren't automated, which they then took back.
    Which blog entry said that the mute system is not automated? This never happened.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •