Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert title related to current muting system>

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    MatchID don't mean jack shit as team chat is not shown. How are we supposed to know someone is claiming innocence when we can't see what they are saying to their team? For all we know, they would have been mic spamming sex noises the whole game.
    You're right, there's too much uncertainty; people should only receive bans if others judge their behaviour as being poor enough as deserving 168 hours of restricted communication through a tribunal-like process where all evidence is reviewed, OR people should just mute whoever they care to so no one can be claimed to have been mute banned unfairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian88 View Post
    You're right, there's too much uncertainty; people should only receive bans if others judge their behaviour as being poor enough as deserving 168 hours of restricted communication through a tribunal-like process where all evidence is reviewed, OR people should just mute whoever they care to so no one can be claimed to have been mute banned unfairly.
    The current system is already very tribunal-like, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    The current system is already very tribunal-like, though.
    But no humans are reviewing the bans. Humans understand context and perceive emotions and atmosphere, while computers really just have words to go by. I've asked Steam to review the match ID I've mentioned several times in the last few days that caused me to get muted for 168 hours, but obviously they've refused to.

Oh well. I expect a revision of the system very soon. However, they're unlikely to abandon it entirely by now, I'm almost sure of that.

I've asked Steam to review the match ID I've mentioned several times in the last few days that caused me to get muted for 168 hours, but obviously they've refused to.
    Teamchat is not stored in the replay and is considered private among the team.
    There's nothing to "review" in there.

Also, the system of course doesn't check your chat usage. It's all about being reported regularly -- given the low amount of weekly reports, it is extremely unlikely that you will be reported for several games in a row if you behave properly.

But no humans are reviewing the bans. Humans understand context and perceive emotions and atmosphere, while computers really just have words to go by. I've asked Steam to review the match ID I've mentioned several times in the last few days that caused me to get muted for 168 hours, but obviously they've refused to.

Oh well. I expect a revision of the system very soon. However, they're unlikely to abandon it entirely by now, I'm almost sure of that.
    You're right, no humans review the bans, but if different players with different opinions about what's offensive all report the same player in a short span of time, then perhaps we're onto something.

Instead of several players reviewing the behaviour of a player in a single match (which, as some argue, you can't expect stellar behaviour from players 24/7, which leads to an overly punitive system) and punishing a player for a single "mistake," if you will, you have a handful of players basically telling the system "hey, this guy is an ass." Each reported "validating" the claims of the other players that report an offender and viceversa.

It basically works the same as the LPQ system for abandons. The very same functionality, really. I do wonder why people are just complaining about a system that has been practically installed into the client a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    You're right, no humans review the bans, but if different players with different opinions about what's offensive all report the same player in a short span of time, then perhaps we're onto something.

Instead of several players reviewing the behaviour of a player in a single match (which, as some argue, you can't expect stellar behaviour from players 24/7, which leads to an overly punitive system) and punishing a player for a single "mistake," if you will, you have a handful of players basically telling the system "hey, this guy is an ass." Each reported "validating" the claims of the other players that report an offender and viceversa.

It basically works the same as the LPQ system for abandons. The very same functionality, really. I do wonder why people are just complaining about a system that has been practically installed into the client a long time ago.
    Hey man, didn't you know? All my reports are from other players in a 4-stack where I'm the odd one out and they all report me because "LULZ." This happens every game because Valve matchmaking is broken. Now I better start a thread complaining about it because clearly it's not my fault. I mean, I am a perfect angel every game that I play. The only reason I get muted status is because of fucktards, I swear!

Basic Member
    The "chat ban" is a much worse punishment than LPQ. That means that people who *ACTIVELY SABOTAGE* your game, get less of a punishment than those who say "fuck" in chat, if you use the report system correctly. This in a game where you can mute individuals already, without a report...

Something is amiss.

Basic Member
    I love how people want Dota 2 to be the safe bastion of the internet full of friendly people. Get real.

Basic Member
    Any game as competitive and team based as DOTA2 will have flaming in it. You cannot make people "not" get angry when their teammates basically ruin 40 minutes of their day.

No one is expecting everyone to be 100% friendly the whole game. But when you start flaming, and I mean flaming in the "I fuck your mom" sense, then you deserve to be muted.