Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: <Insert title related to current muting system>

Basic Member
    Then you have an ignore button right next to the report button that doesn't screw up the games of every unfortunate soul to come across this vile spewer of horrible-isms.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger| View Post
    The "chat ban" is a much worse punishment than LPQ. That means that people who *ACTIVELY SABOTAGE* your game, get less of a punishment than those who say "fuck" in chat, if you use the report system correctly. This in a game where you can mute individuals already, without a report...

Something is amiss.
    Arguable. LPQ pretty much means you're playing with the scum of the playerbase. I can, however, concede that it's no big deal for some players. I, for one, don't care much for the BP loss, but my matches in LPQ were pretty much dreadful.

Basic Member
    Arguable. LPQ pretty much means you're playing with the scum of the playerbase. I can, however, concede that it's no big deal for some players. I, for one, don't care much for the BP loss, but my matches in LPQ were pretty much dreadful.
    That's nonsense. LPQ means you're playing with largely people who have been disconnected and have gotten abandons as a result of it. Most of those disconnects are probably accidental and due to bad computers or internet connections. And LPQ people stay with LPQ people. Muted people intermingle. Not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger| View Post
    That's nonsense. LPQ means you're playing with largely people who have been disconnected and have gotten abandons as a result of it. Most of those disconnects are probably accidental and due to bad computers or internet connections. And LPQ people stay with LPQ people. Muted people intermingle. Not so good.
    Hmm... Come to think of it, these games I played in LPQ were in the old system. Players were sent there for comm reports as well. Probably why I had such a shitty experience.

You're right, intentional game ruiners are getting less of a punishment than ragers.

Definetly amiss.

Basic Member
    i can do this too

<insert generic chat ban supporter "insert thread" thread>

well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played!well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played!well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played!

Conspiracy abound. Valve is a secret agency that's taking over the world and is testing top secret stuff with this mute system.

Lets make another thread on how the world is going to end because loud mouths in games get muted
    Pro MUTE System
    • If you complain about it, you're one of the people who have taken swift punishment from it. Proving it works.
    • If you keep arguing against it, you're a repeat offender, proving it works again.
    • ONLY REPEAT OFFENDERS continue to fight it.
    • Thank you Valve! Finally a system that shuts bad attitudes, big egos and ignorance down like a bad habit.

Do you disagree? Please let me know why HERE!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.E.A. View Post
    Conspiracy abound. Valve is a secret agency that's taking over the world and is testing top secret stuff with this mute system.

Lets make another thread on how the world is going to end because loud mouths in games get muted
    Everyone knows no conspiracy has ever occured. No group of people have ever conspired. Please teach these noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorlepwn View Post
    No group of people have ever conspired.
    I hope you know the saying -- "Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." (actually, this particular wording belongs to Benjamin Franklin, but that doesn't matter).

About the same with conspiracies. Chances of it continuing to be a conspiracy drop by a huge margin with each new person involved.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by just.dont.do.it View Post
    I hope you know the saying -- "Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." (actually, this particular wording belongs to Benjamin Franklin, but that doesn't matter).

About the same with conspiracies. Chances of it continuing to be a conspiracy drop by a huge margin with each new person involved.
    I like the saying "Straw-men easily catch fire", but I very much doubt you'll understand what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorlepwn View Post
    i can do this too

<insert generic chat ban supporter "insert thread" thread>

well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played!well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played!well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played! well played!
    Guess you missed my other post. Here, I'll help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Vocal minority. People that don't have a problem with the mute system and don't frequent the dev forums won't make an account just to start a thread praising how good it is, while people that hate it will do so in the hope that it will somehow change something.

I never claimed the muting system is perfect, just that I'm tired of seeing General Feedback full of the same old shit.