Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: <Insert title related to current muting system>

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    Reporting comm abusers does not conflict with my coscience. Try again.
    Exactly why you are a textbook example. It doesn't affect your conscience. MORE VOLTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basic Member
    Here's a typical forum post:

Insert biased recollection of in-game events that nevertheless show me flaming/criticising teammates and being OUTRAGED that they report me.

Activate Dunning-Kruger effect as a 'shield of innocence', secure in the knowledge that I am in no way responsible for what has befallen me. Continue to cast around for reasons why somebody (anybody) else is responsible for my problems.

Finish with class. Suggest Valve kill themselves/uninstall dota/perform anatomically improbable acts that are illegal in some states. Greet dissenting views with bigotry and general flaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote Originally Posted by just.dont.do.it View Post
    A system of a "necessary evil" kind will always generate quite a good amount of hate. Without extensive statistics, no one can say if it's "too much hate" or "just about right amount".
    Feels like about the right amount to be honest. Games are more enjoyable regarding flame and abusive messages.
    Shut your and keep reading

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Here's a typical forum post:

Insert biased recollection of in-game events that nevertheless show me flaming/criticising teammates and being OUTRAGED that they report me.

Activate Dunning-Kruger effect as a 'shield of innocence', secure in the knowledge that I am in no way responsible for what has befallen me. Continue to cast around for reasons why somebody (anybody) else is responsible for my problems.

Finish with class. Suggest Valve kill themselves/uninstall dota/perform anatomically improbable acts that are illegal in some states. Greet dissenting views with bigotry and general flaming.
    Reported. Way to treat new forum users with respect. Fucking asshole.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sYs View Post
    Feels like about the right amount to be honest. Games are more enjoyable regarding flame and abusive messages.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorlepwn View Post
    You think anyone read your other posts? You are the same type of people that think the police are friendly and school in america teaches people how to be responsible adults. The mute system is FAR from perfect in the sense that ITS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE DISGRACEFUL EMBARASSING ADDITION TO THE GAME. You dont want to read the same old shit in general feedback? Well i'll give you some advice from a person like you who gave me advice GET THE FUCK OUT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT.
    0/10

Too obvious

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Vocal minority. People that don't have a problem with the mute system and don't frequent the dev forums won't make an account just to start a thread praising how good it is, while people that hate it will do so in the hope that it will somehow change something.

I never claimed the muting system is perfect, just that I'm tired of seeing General Feedback full of the same old shit.
    Sure, stupid logic always sounds sooooo lovely.
    Those that didn't vote, are in fact voting for us.
    GG WP