Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert title related to current muting system>

<Insert title related to current muting system>

<Insert whiny post about how mute system is ruining Dota 2>

General Feedback in a shellnut.

<add some "brilliant" "ideas" on how to "fix" something in it based on biased speculations about how the system works>

Also this.

Because the 100+1 threads about mute ban dont actually say anything about how pissed the community is about it, amirite? It's not like a "perfect" muting system would cause so many hate threads right?

/sarcasm.

A system of a "necessary evil" kind will always generate quite a good amount of hate. Without extensive statistics, no one can say if it's "too much hate" or "just about right amount".

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoloTopPlz View Post
    Because the 100+1 threads about mute ban dont actually say anything about how pissed the community is about it, amirite? It's not like a "perfect" muting system would cause so many hate threads right?

/sarcasm.
    Vocal minority. People that don't have a problem with the mute system and don't frequent the dev forums won't make an account just to start a thread praising how good it is, while people that hate it will do so in the hope that it will somehow change something.

I never claimed the muting system is perfect, just that I'm tired of seeing General Feedback full of the same old shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Vocal minority. People that don't have a problem with the mute system and don't frequent the dev forums won't make an account just to start a thread praising how good it is, while people that hate it will do so in the hope that it will somehow change something.

I never claimed the muting system is perfect, just that I'm tired of seeing General Feedback full of the same old shit.
    So am i,

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post

"Same old shit"? That would be MM complaints/rage/QQ.

Seeing spam related to another topic is actually quite refreshing.

<insert reply describing how the system is flawed and open to abuse, while the usual way of muting individuals if you care to do, does not cause unintentional or unfair mute bans>

<insert counter-reply claiming the poster must have done something wrong to have been banned>

<claim innocence sharing a match ID that plainly shows the aforementioned person was being the bigger man, but was ganged up on by a group of friends who spent all of their efforts into harassing a solo-queued teammate, provoking an emotional response>

<ignore post concerning match ID, create this thread and repeat second reply to posters who also have the same complaints as the first reply>

This thread is just stupid.
    Last edited by Christian88; 06-02-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian88 View Post
    <claim innocence sharing a match ID that plainly shows the aforementioned person was being the bigger man, but was ganged up on by a group of friends who spent all of their efforts into harassing a solo-queued teammate, provoking an emotional response>
    Never saw that moment even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian88 View Post
    <insert reply describing how the system is flawed and open to abuse, while the usual way of muting individuals if you care to do, does not cause unintentional or unfair mute bans>

<insert counter-reply claiming the poster must have done something wrong to have been banned>

<ignore post concerning match ID, create this thread and repeat second reply to posters who also have the same complaints as the first reply>

This thread is just stupid.
    MatchID don't mean jack shit as team chat is not shown. How are we supposed to know someone is claiming innocence when we can't see what they are saying to their team? For all we know, they would have been mic spamming sex noises the whole game.