Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Pudge hook rotates the unit it hits. Especially annoying with Mirana

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Pudge hook rotates the unit it hits. Especially annoying with Mirana

Summary:
    Whenever a unit is hooked by Pudge, the unit is rotated to face in the direction that the hook is coming from.
    EX. M= Mirana. < or > indicates the direction mirana is facing. =-------- indicates hook. P indicates pudge.

<M =-----------------P
    Mirana (M) is facing in left before being hit by Pudge's (P) hook.
    M> =--------P
    Mirana is rotated in the direction of pudge, so she is now facing him when she is done being pulled.

Now when Mirana leaps, instead of leaping back in the direction she was facing, she now leaps forward over pudge, which many times results in Mirana leaping further into enemy territory instead of towards her own tower.

Repro Steps:
    1) Pick pudge and skill hook.
    2) observe the facing of a unit before and after it is hooked, the unit will be facing pudge after being pulled towards him.

Result:
    Units are rotated to face pudge after being dragged to him by his hook.

While this may not be a huge problem for most heroes, it is very detrimental to Mirana when facing pudge, because normally she can semi-reliably escape from pudge after a hook by simply leaping away, but now you have to turn all the way around and then leap, and since the turn-around time is not instant, it gives pudge much more time to dismember before you can leap away.

Expected Result:
    The unit that is hooked should maintain the direction they are facing, so when attempting to escape they dont have to waste time spinning their character around.

While it doesn't make since logically (How does the hook spin them!), I think its intentional.

Basic Member
    The fact is it shouldn't rotate them because DotA1 doesnt

nah not sure if the rotation think must be unimplimented maybe yes

Can u fix that? Very boring for me, because i play only Mirana. In dota1 Mirana was able to turn around during hooking.
    Last edited by AeonFluxStrikesBack; 12-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Basic Member
    bump i want to know if this is intended or just getting ignored

Basic Member
    It is getting ignored.

Basic Member
    can i spin during meat hook?
    i am asking because not being able to face pudge would be detrimental to all disablers who currently might be able to hex/stun/etc pudge before he can disable.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Well

Atm its like you hook someone and he gets turned around to look at you if the hook hits him. If you dont move slightly off the spot you hooked he will be able to hex you as soon as he arrives so it doesnt really matter you can turn around because you are already turned around.

Aswell as the mirana statement says if you hit leap during hook attachment you just leap in the direction you got hooked as soon as you reach pudge

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    can i spin during meat hook?
    ... in wc3 dota
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage