Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: private games

  1. #1
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20

    private games

    i have a question ive been playing pub games for quite some time and people keep telling me to join private games, the question is i dont know how, it says that i need a password to join a private game

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20
    bump

  3. #3
    Basic Member nadaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,341
    You need to guess the password

  4. #4
    Basic Member Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyyrk View Post
    i have a question ive been playing pub games for quite some time and people keep telling me to join private games, the question is i dont know how, it says that i need a password to join a private game
    You need to find a group of like-minded people first.

    How to find them?

    Try Google, then find some that you like the look of and introduce yourself.
    To avoid LPQ:

    Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

    If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

    You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,187
    private games are lobby games


    you can either join an existing lobby or create your own.
    if you create your own lobby, you will need to fill the playerslots either with people from your friendlist, people from public channels or with bots.

    when people ask you to play private games in matchmaking games they usually try to offend you because they think you are below their skill level.
    dont get offended and try to work on your playstyle at your own speed.

    if you are trying out new builds or playstyles however, you should practice them in a private lobby out of respect for your matchmaking allies.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

  6. #6
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    private games are lobby games


    you can either join an existing lobby or create your own.
    if you create your own lobby, you will need to fill the playerslots either with people from your friendlist, people from public channels or with bots.

    when people ask you to play private games in matchmaking games they usually try to offend you because they think you are below their skill level.
    dont get offended and try to work on your playstyle at your own speed.

    if you are trying out new builds or playstyles however, you should practice them in a private lobby out of respect for your matchmaking allies.
    i dont get offended, they tell me that when i rage about my team getting 4 carries and im the only support
    ya but that is the problem, people join other people's lobbies, the problem is i dont know how

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyyrk View Post
    i dont get offended, they tell me that when i rage about my team getting 4 carries and im the only support
    ya but that is the problem, people join other people's lobbies, the problem is i dont know how
    go to the joindota channel and organize your own lobby then.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •